How to change the notification type in VMware Email Notification Service
There are three types of user notification that can be configured in the VMware Email Notification Service. Changing this configuration will change the type of push notification that a user receives when they have a new email available.
- Default notification - This notification type will simply display a preconfigured message. By default this message says "You've Got Mail."
- Sender and subject - This notification type will display the sender and subject of an incoming message.
- Preview - This notification type will display a brief preview of an incoming message.
Follow the steps below to change the notification type in your ENS configuration
- Log into the ENS server.
- Stop the ENS service.
- Navigate to and open the following file: \AirWatch\Email Notification Service\AW.Mail.Notification.Service.exe.config.
- Navigate to the <notification> section in the config file
- To change the default notification message, change the defaultMessage property (eg: change defaultMessage="You've Got Mail" to defaultMessage = "New Mail message").
- To change the notification type, change the messageType property:
- Default Notification: messageType="0"
- Sender and subject: messageType="1"
- Preview: messageType="2"