Note: VMware products are tested and validated with the Java version packaged in the installer. Typically you can expect other versions to function equally, however if there are compatibility issues then the recommendation will be to roll back to the Java version provided with the installer.
How to update the Java version on the Linux Tunnel Proxy
- Download the latest RPM package for Java from the official Oracle website and upload it to the Linux server.
- Install the RPM package. Example command:
sudo rpm -i jdk-8u112-linux-x64.rpm
sudo update-alternatives --config javaand select the latest Java version
- To ensure that Java was upgraded, run the following command and verify “default” point to “latest” which points to upgraded version
ls -la /usr/java/
- Restart the VMware Tunnel Proxy service.
How to update the Java version on the Windows Tunnel Proxy
- Update the Java on the server to the required version.
- Go to Control Panel>System>Advanced System Settings>Environment Variables
Pathvariables to point to the latest Java folders in User and System variables section
- Open Command Prompt and run
java -versionto verify the upgraded version
- Restart the VMware Tunnel Proxy service
Other Languages: 日本語