Syncing Personal Content from Your PC
An important feature AirWatch MCM and the Self-Service Portal (SSP) is the ability to sync to desktop folders. Simultaneously add content to the SSP and your Secure Content Locker at a folder level from your PC.
- MS Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 (32 or 64 Bit)
- AirWatch v6.4+
Once you’ve configured Personal Content settings in the AirWatch Admin Console, enable the Desktop Sync Client in System Configuration ► Application ► AirWatch SCL Sync, and select the Windows Installer to override the default Install Package, if necessary.
Installing the AirWatch SCL Sync Client
Once the AirWatch SCL Sync feature is enabled in the AirWatch Admin Console, you are able to install the AirWatch SCL Sync on your PC from the SSP for easy, secure access to your desktop's folders and content.
1. Navigate to My Content within the SSP.
2. Click the Download AirWatch SCL Sync.
3. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
4. Once the AirWatch SCL Sync is installed, you can add content to your SCL and SSP via the syncing client. All content that is synced updates at configured intervals to ensure that you are always viewing documents in their most current state.
Once the AirWatch SCL Sync is downloaded and installed on your computer, quickly access the folders and content by selecting the quicklaunch icon from the your toolbar.
Upon opening the AirWatch SCL Sync, you can manage folders and content as you would any other file on your computer, including creating, renaming, moving, copying, pasting and deleting folders and content.
Managing AirWatch SCL Sync Settings
Right-click the AirWatch SCL Sync icon and choose Settings to manage options and settings, in regards to:
- Sync – Configure sync intervals or initiate a sync.
- Select Sync Now to immediately initiate a sync.
- Check Enable automatic sync and set sync intervals, including automatically with every folder change. Changes in the SSP will not initiate a change automatically and with be downloaded on the schedule or on a forced sync.
- Account – View information regarding the account currently attached to the AirWatch SCL Sync.
- Select Disconnect User to sign out of the AirWatch SCL Sync. Content will remain on the Desktop and in the SSP but will not continue to be synced.
- Advanced – Configure additional AirWatch SCL Sync settings.
- Select Change to set the location of the synced folder.
- Set AirWatch SCL Sync to start at Login. Checking this checkbox creates a shortcut in the Startup Folder to launch the software on computer login and restart.
- View and set diagnostic logs. The recommended and default logging level is is Error. For advanced troubleshooting Verbose may be used, however, application performance may decrease.
- Cancel all sync activity and reset the database and logging files by selecting Reset App. This is used if sync functionality is unrecoverable.
- Operations – View a log of all content sync activity, including what is shown in the desktop notifications.
The right-clicking the taskbar icon offers additional settings and management options, including:
- Check for Updates – Checks the local server for an updated version. This would have to be manually added to the console.
- File Status Overlay Icons – Shows current sync status.
- Green Check - File is synced with the SSP
- Blue Sync arrows - File is currently syncing with the SSP
- Red Error - File is unable to sync.
Fetching Token from the Self-Service Portal
To fetch a new token for the AirWatch SCL Sync:
- Navigate to the Self-Service Portal.
- Click on your username in the upper right hand corner and select Security.
- Under Authorization Token, select Generate Token.
Uninstalling the AirWatch SCL Sync Client
To remove the AirWatch SCL Sync client on a PC, navigate to the Start Menu ► All Programs ► AirWatch ► Uninstall AirWatch Sync. Currently, uninstallation directly from the Control Panel is not supported.