A provisioning profile for Apple iOS authorizes developers and devices to create and run applications built for Apple iOS devices. For an internal Apple iOS application to work, every device that runs the application must also have the provisioning profile installed on it.
Renewing Before Expiration
- Navigate to Apps & Books > Applications > List View > Internal.
- Select the expiration link (Expires in XX days) for the application for which you want to update the provisioning profile in the Renewal Date column.
- Use the Renew option on the Files tab to upload the replacement file.
- Select the Update Provisioning Profile For All Applications setting to apply the renewed file to all associated applications.
- AirWatch silently pushes the updated provisioning profile to all devices that have the application installed.
Renewing After Expiration
- Follow steps 1-4 as described above
- The devices will need to re-install the application to utilize the updated provisioning profile
- This can be done on the device level, or by removing and re-pushing the app via the console