AirWatch Console 8.4.0 - 8.4.3
Tunnel Per-App VPN service (VPND) on Linux will crash if an app connected to the Tunnel attempts to access a domain with a name greater than 81 characters. The 81 character limit includes all characters in the URL (for example: www.domain.*.com).
This issue only affects environments with a Tunnel server version between 8.4.0 and 8.4.3. This issue can be identified by the following characteristics:
- The Tunnel version is at or between 8.4.0 and 8.4.3.
- When attempting to reach a resource that has a domain name greater than 81 characters, the VPND service on the Linux server crashes
- Tunnel.log file shows the following error when a crash occurs:
2016-07-31 14:09:57.955 139900217186048 INFO: *10001 Received request type=AW_SOCKS5_DATA
2016-07-31 14:09:57.955 139900217186048 INFO: FLOW#0 CommandProcessor processes DATA request len=81
/opt/airwatch/tunnel/vpnd/start.sh: line 3: 46196 Segmentation fault ./vpnserv server.conf > /dev/null 2>&1
This issue is resolved in AirWatch 8.4.4.
To resolve this issue in AirWatch 8.4.0 - 8.4.3, take the following steps:
- Determine the version of Linux OS on the Tunnel server (Centos/RHEL 6 or 7)
- Download the updated vpnserv file from myAirWatch.
- Make a backup of the vpnserv file under \opt\airwatch\tunnel\vpnd
- Stop the Tunnel service (service vpnd stop)
- Select the appropriate version of vpnserv depending on the operating system (RHEL6 or RHEL7) from the file downloaded above
- Replace the current version of vpnserv with the new version
- Start the Tunnel service (service vpnd start)