Test Connection workflows for different services are listed below.
- AirWatch Cloud Connector - When you select Test Connection on the AirWatch Admin console, a ping endpoint of DiagnosticService in ACC is called to verify if the ACC is active through AWCM.
Following is the test connection workflow:
1. Console checks if ACC and AWCM settings are enabled for a particular OG. If the settings are not enabled, appropriate error message is displayed.
2. Console sends the Ping request in the form of a Query request to AWCM.
3. If AWCM is working properly, it forward the Ping request to the corresponding ACC node, else an error message related to AWCM connection is displayed.
4. Once ACC receives the Ping request, it processes it and the response (Success/Failure) is sent back to console through AWCM.
5. Based on the above mentioned response, an appropriate message is displayed on the console.
- Secured Email Gateway (SEG) - When you select Test Connection on the AirWatch Admin console, a two step procedure happens. First is the Test Connection from Web To SEG and second is the Test Connection from SEG To API.
1. Test Connection from Web to SEG - Console server pings the segconsole endpoint and checks the SEG SSL certificate and then checks the availability of EAS Integration service on SEG by asking for date and time response from integration services. Following is displayed in green or red tick depending on the results:
> Hostname found
> SSL Certificate From Web To SEG valid
> Connectivity between AirWatch & SEG
2. Test Connection from SEG to API - Console puts a payload to segconsole endpoint asking integration service to ping, to check SSL certificate and to get some response from Airwatch Service endpoint (soap api endpoint). Result is sent back to the AirWatch Admin Console. Following is displayed in green or red tick depending on the results:
> Hostname found
> SSL Certificate From SEG To API valid
> Connectivity between SEG & AirWatch
- Directory Services - When you select Test Connection on the AirWatch Admin console, a single query is sent to authenticate with the LDAP server using the configured Username and Password. It is to be noted that in this case, only user authentication is performed (configurations are not verified).
- Mobile Access Gateway - When you select Test Connection on the AirWatch Admin console, MAG hits four end points.
1. Checks if the connection from AirWatch Admin console to MAG is successful.
2. Checks the connection between MAG and API.
3. Checks the connection between MAG and AWCM.
4. Checks the connection between MAG and the target website.
- AirWatch Cloud Messaging - When you select Test Connection in the AirWatch Admin console, a status URL is pinged. If the connection is successful, a page showing OK is displayed. If the test is not successful, an error is displayed.
- Email (SMTP) - When you select Test Connection in the AirWatch Admin console, a test mail is sent to the SMTP server. If the credentials are valid, Test Connection is successful. If the credentials are not valid, the connection is not successful.