Honeywell Android Rugged devices do not use the AirWatch barcode enrollment flow. To enroll Honeywell Android Rugged devices with a barcode requires the use of the Honeywell EZ Config Editor.
Because this enrollment flow uses a third-party solution, consider contacting Honeywell for more information on using the Honeywell EZ Config Editor.
- You must create a staging package before you generate a barcode. See the Product Provisioning for Android Rugged Devices Guide available on AirWatch Resources.
- Download and install the Honeywell EZ Config Editor on to your PC.
- Verify the latest Power Tools package is installed on the device. Contact Honeywell for more information.
Create a Honeywell Barcode Staging Package
Create a barcode to scan with your Honeywell rugged devices to quickly enroll the device into AirWatch. The barcode enrolls a device using a previously created staging package.
To generate a barcode, follow the steps outlined below:
- Install the Honeywell Android Power Tools App on the device. This app contains the EZConfig Scanning Utility.
- Configure the Wi-Fi settings Honeywell EZConfig Editor. You must edit the DeviceConfig.xml that is found in "/Internal Storage / honeywell / ezconfig / generated folder on the device.
- Host the AirWatch Staging Package Files:
- Navigate to Devices > Staging & Provisioning > Staging > Add and create a staging package in the AirWatch Admin Console. Download the staging package onto your PC.
- Upload the required files to a file repository for access by the device during enrollment. Consider using the AirWatch Self-Service Portal.
- Credentials.bin file found in the staging .zip file
- The latest AirWatch Agent for Android APK available on AirWatch Resources. Contact your AirWatch account manager for access.
- Honeywell Service APK for Android APK available on AirWatch Resources. Contact your AirWatch account manager for access.
- Download credentials
- Install HW app
- Run intent
- Install Agent
- Run intents