iOS 8 offers a variety of advanced MDM functionality that can be configured through Profiles in AirWatch Admin Console. New iOS 8 features and device restrictions are available in AirWatch version 7.2 FP4 and higher. However we understand that not all customers will be able to upgrade to this version immediately. In order to help these customers, AirWatch built a "custom profiles" feature to allow you to push device profiles and restrictions down to iOS 8 devices.
The code for these profiles is linked below and can be implemented using the following procedure.
How To Use Custom Profiles
The "Custom Settings" payload allows admins to enter their own XML into a profile that will be applied to devices. The associated code for the new iOS 8 MDM features can be found below. This code should be applied through Custom Profiles using the following steps:
1. Configure the General payload and deployment options as desired.
2. If you would like to include any iOS 8 features that are not available in the UI for your version, you can add the associated XML below to the Custom Settings payload for your profile.
- This XML should contain the complete block of code as listed below, from <dict> to </dict>.
- Administrators should configure the setting from <true /> to <false /> as desired.
- If certificates are required, then configure a Certificate payload within the profile and reference the 'PayloadUUID' in the Custom Settings payload. See further information within the examples below.
iOS 8 Custom Profile XML Code
Use the links below to download custom XML Code. View all custom XML code examples here.
iOS 8 - Disable Backing Up Enterprise Books
iOS 8 - Disable Handoff
iOS 8 - Disable Synchronizing Books, Notes and Highlights
iOS 8 - Disable Managed Apps Cloud Sync
iOS 8 - Disable Erase All Content and Settings (Supervised Only)
iOS 8 - Disable Configuration Restrictions (Supervised Only)
iOS 8 - Disable Internet Results in Spotlight (Supervised Only)
iOS 8 - Managed Domains
iOS 8 - Single Sign On with Certificate Authentication
iOS 8 - Email with Per-Message S/MIME
iOS 8 - Exchange ActiveSync w/ Per-Message S/MIME
iOS 8 - IKEV2 VPN
iOS 8 - Wi-Fi EAP SIM Allow Two RANDS