Devices that do not connect to the internet require offline provisioning to receive enterprise content without connecting to the AirWatch Admin Console or a relay server. Provision these devices by downloading the products into a .zip (for Windows Rugged) or tar.gz (for QNX) file that you install on the offline device.
To use offline provisioning, you must enable offline provisioning and create the relevant products. You will need a third-party application that calls AirWatch APIs to install offline provisioning packages.
AirWatch also supports enrolling devices into an Offline Enrollment status that allows you to create provisioning packages for devices that have never enrolled.
- Create all products and content for the device.
- User must have the AirWatch Admin, System Admin, or Console Admin role.
You can add Offline Provisioning to any custom roles.
Note: Users downloading the ZIP file require at least Read Only access to the AirWatch Admin Console.
Enable Offline Provisioning
Before creating offline provisioning packages, you must enable offline provisioning in System Settings.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Admin > Product Provisioning.
- Set Display Offline Provisioning to Enabled.
- Select Save.
Enroll Devices through Offline Enrollment
Devices that are not expected to have internet connection and access to the AirWatch Admin Console can be enrolled offline. This enrollment method adds the device to the AirWatch Admin Console so it can determine the correct products for the device.
- Navigate to Devices > Lifecycle > Enrollment Status > Add > Register Device.
- Search for the device User. For Offline Enrollment, this is typically a staging user.
- Select the device Platform.
- Select Save.
- In the Enrollment Status List View, select the newly registered device.
- Select the Offline Enrollment tab.
- Select Enroll Offline.
The device is now offline enrolled. In the Device List View, you will see the device with an orange Last Seen icon and the Management field of the device entry will say Offline. You can search for all offline devices with the management filter set to offline.
Download the Offline Provisioning Package
After enabling offline provisioning, download device-specific offline provisioning packages to install the products and content specific to that device.
- Navigate to Devices > List View and select the offline enrolled device.
- Select the More tab and select Products.
- Select Offline Provisioning.
- Select Download.
- Copy the offline provisioning package to a USB drive or other removable media.
Install the Device-Side Offline Provisioning
After creating and downloading the offline provisioning package, install the package onto the device to complete provisioning. You will need a third-party application that calls AirWatch APIs to install offline provisioning packages.