Types of Organization Groups
Below are a list of organization group types and descriptions:
- Global: The very top organization group. In most cases, this group is called Global and has type Global.
- For hosted SaaS environments, you will not be able to access this group.
- On premises customers can turn on Verbose logging at this level.
- Partner: Top level organization group for partners (3rd party re-sellers of AirWatch).
- Customer: The top level organization group for each customer.
- A customer organization group cannot have any children/parent organization groups that are of type customer.
- Some settings can only be configured at a Customer group. These settings will filter down to lower organizations. Some examples of this are autodiscovery email domains, Volume Purchase Program settings, Device Enrollment Program settings (Prior to AirWatch 8.0), and personal content.
- Container: The default organization group type.
- All organization groups beneath a customer organization group should be of type container. You can have containers between Partner and Customer groups.
- Prospect: Potential customers. Similar to a customer organization group. May have less functionality than a true customer group.
- There are additional Organization Group types such as Division, Region as well as the ability to define your own Organization Group type. These do not have any special characteristics and function identically to the Container Organization Group type.