What is Mobile Device Management (MDM)?
MDM software secures, monitors, manages and supports mobile devices deployed across your enterprise. By controlling and protecting the data and configuration settings for all devices in your network, MDM can reduce support costs and business risks while significantly increasing efficiency.
What are the key device management features AirWatch provides?
- Extend IT security policies to mobile deployments
- Enable access to enterprise services and resources
- Configure device settings and policies through profiles
- Assign profiles based on device, ownership or group
- Quarantine devices and manage by exception
- Automate IT processes and workflows
- Provide helpdesk and self-service to corporate users
- View and report all mobile assets and policies
How do I view detailed information about my device?
The Device Details page can be viewed by navigating to the Device Dashboard, selecting the device, and then clicking on the friendly name of the device.
How do I move a device to another Location Group?
From the Device Details page, under the Admin options, there is a feature to "Change Location Group" When a device is moved it will have its profiles updated based on the new assignment. This includes removing existing profiles that are no longer applicable and installing any new ones.
How do I set the ownership type for a device?
AirWatch can set the ownership type for devices by default during enrollment. For Location Groups with a predominant device ownership type, this is a perfect option. This can be set per Location Group under System Settings > Device > General > Enrollment.
The ownership type for a specific device can always be updated in the future. From the Device Details page under the Admin option choose "Edit Device."
Can I change the friendly name for a device from the console?
Yes, the friendly name of a device can be modified from the same "Edit Device" screen as above.
Can I remove a device record from the dashboard?
Yes, you can delete a device record from the Device Details Page by using the Admin options.
Why do some of my devices have different buttons on the device dashboard?
Some device platforms are designed in ways that allow AirWatch to provide more functionality than other devices. In order to simplify the AirWatch console, each device only displays the available functionality.
I've noticed my devices aren't checking in. What troubleshooting steps can I perform before opening a ticket with support?
Generally if one to a few devices haven't checked in recently the most common cause is network connectivity.
1. Verify that the device is connected to the internet.
2. Attempt a manual device query from the console. To perform a device query, navigate to Devices > List View in the console. Check the box to the left of the device and select Query at the top of the list. You can perform this task on a single device or multiple devices.
How do I access the AirWatch Console from a mobile device?
The AirWatch Console has certain limitations when accessed from a mobile device. The default view will only show the list of Devices. The full Dashboard access can be obtained when switching to the Desktop mode from the mobile device. You can switch to desktop mode by navigating to the Account icon located at the top left of the screen, and clicking on Desktop mode.