On-premise APNs for applications certificate renewal - December 30th 2017
The APNs certificates that AirWatch uses to communicate with the iOS versions of AirWatch applications are set to expire on December 30, 2017. On this date, these applications will no longer be able to receive push notifications from the AirWatch Admin Console. The list of affected applications is as follows:
- Content Locker
- Workspace ONE
In order to ensure that you are able to send push notifications to these applications, all On-Premise customers who are utilizing these applications must execute a script on their AirWatch database. This script is supported on AirWatch 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 environments.
Note: No action is required for AirWatch SaaS customers. This script will be run in all environments with AirWatch 9.0+ prior to the certificate expiration date.
Please click here to download the database script. If you have any questions about this process or would like assistance, please contact AirWatch Support.
If this script is run in your environment after the certificates in your environments expire, functionality to affected devices will be restored.
Instructions for running the database script
- Download the database script and copy it onto the database server.
- Double click the .sql file to open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Verify that the active database is set to your AirWatch instance (typically named "AirWatch"). Click Execute.
- Wait a few moments until you see the "Query executed successfully" message.
- You can validate that the certificate has been updated for these applications by navigating in the AirWatch Console to Settings > Devices & Users > Apple > Apple iOS > APNs for Applications. This does not require a reboot of the server itself.
Other Languages: 日本語