Introducing AirWatch 9.0.1
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 9.0.1 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_9.0.1
Release - 9.0
AirWatch 9.0.1 introduces advanced functionality for software distribution on Windows devices. For information about the new functionality released in this feature pack, see the Mobile Application Management (MAM) Guide. New features are listed in the Revisions Table at the beginning of the guide.
AirWatch guides are listed in the Product Documentation for AirWatch article on myAirWatch.
Work Items Addressed
- AAPP-1536–Addressed localization support in devices services so that iOS devices in a multi-staged deployment in AirWatch can edit the language on an enrolled device and the user can successfully check out the device.
- AAPP-1753–Updated the support for Education for Apple in AirWatch to address changes made to classes and carts resulting in the deletion of carts and in the removal of classes from devices.
- AAPP-1763–Added seed script to AirWatch for the latest iOS and tviOS versions.
- AAPP-1768–Renewed the APNS certificates for the AirWatch Agent, Container, Content Locker, Email Client, Secure Browser, Inbox, AWStudentApp, and Workspace ONE.
- AGGL-873–Updated the support for Android For Work in AirWatch so that the Agent for Android displays the process to set up the Android For Work profile on devices when you configure Android For Work with single-factor authentication rather than prompting the user to create a managed Google account.
- AGGL-929–Updated the device-registration API in the AirWatch system that by Workspace ONE triggers to reduce the time taken to register a device to less than 18 seconds.
- AGGL-1012–Implemented Auto ESA (enterprise service account) configuration which is simplified method to setup and connect Android for Work accounts to AirWatch.
- AGGL-1011–Added a process to prevent unmanaged Android devices from accessing Google Apps For Work with a setState API to whitelist or blacklist devices depending on their enrollment status.
- AGGL-1032–Updated user group functionality in AirWatch so that devices register in the domain of their organization group and not in the domain of the parent organization group when registering through Workspace ONE.
- AGGL-1098–Updated the support for Android by inserting single sign-on functionality into a deviceapplication.systemapplication table in the AirWatch database.
- AGGL-585–Added seed script to AirWatch so that a bundle ID can request an HMAC token to support peer to peer communication.
- AMST-15–Added the software distribution feature to AirWatch that enables you to upload Win32 applications and their transforms, patches, and dependency files to the Apps & Books section so you can use the application life cycle features to manage the applications on Windows 10 devices.
- AMST-1354–Seeded the AirWatch Protection Agent to the AirWatch Console to enable Dell DDPE (Dell Data Protection | Encryption).
- AMST-1412–Updated the Software Distribution (Windows 10) feature in AirWatch so that you can add patches to MSI files and version these applications, and the system allows you to edit active versions.
- AMST-1404–Updated the Software Distribution (Windows 10) feature in AirWatch so that you can add an MSI file with patches, the system saves the settings in the When To Call Install Complete section.
- AMST-1409–Updated the Software Distribution (Windows 10) feature in AirWatch so that you can enter a 500 GB + value in the Disk Space Required option in the When To Install section and the system validates the values and pushes applications to devices.
- AMST-1385–Updated the Software Distribution (Windows 10) feature in AirWatch so that content manifests include added patches to apps already deployed by addressing a missing hash function in the patch
- AMST-1324–Updated the Software Distribution (Windows 10) feature in AirWatch to address the system not saving registry keys and sub keys for Registry Exits in the When To Call Install Complete criteria for EXE files.
- AMST-1362–Updated the seed script for the agent that controls Software Distribution in the AirWatch system.
- AMST-1445–Updated the Software Distribution (Windows 10) feature in AirWatch to address file dependencies that display on the Internal Apps screen when they should not.
- AMST-1475–Addressed the failure of 32-bit applications not installing on 64-bit and 32-bit devices when deployed in the Software Distribution feature in AirWatch.
- APC-316–Updated the AirWatch Browser settings page in the AirWatch Console to save non-FQDN URLs as a homepage or a bookmark.
- APC-355–Updated AirWatch SDK functionality for AirWatch applications so that you cannot edit single sign-on options for Android if you enable key encryption.
- ARES-1325–Added a migration script to Workspace ONE to address a Windows lock issue and added a script to prevent internal application access from Workspace ONE on legacy Android devices to because these internal applications display the EULA without allowing access to the application.
- ARES-654–Added the ability to select the native email or Boxer when using Workspace ONE on devices.
- ARES-1785–Updated an upload blob API for mobile application management in AirWatch to address an error when it executes a begin install process.
- CMDM-204912–Updated the Telecom List View in the AirWatch Console to address an error that displays when you enroll iOS devices.
- CMEM-182931–Updated the Secure Email Gateway to address a config file that causes excessive CPU usage when a value UseRefactoredCode is set to true.
- CMEM-183133–Updated the MEM config file to address a RequireActiveSyncProfile compliance policy that blocks newly enrolled iOS devices when the AirWatch environment uses PowerShell.
- CMSVC-1306–Updated the AirWatch auto-discovery system APIs so that the system locates enrollment settings and starts to search for the user according to the groupID.
- CMSVC-1356–Updated the user management functionality in the AirWatch Cloud Connector so that the system reports all valid users when large user groups (50K+) are nested 3 or more levels deep and does not remove valid users due to the nested architecture.
- CMSVC-1364–Updated the user group functionality in AirWatch environments with multi-domains so that when you add user groups to child domains, those user groups are assigned to the child domains and not their parent domains.
- CRSVC-558–Updated the caching functionality in AirWatch to replace the database server hostname in the key prefix with the applicable environment's device service URL host name.
- CRSVC-780–Updated the timeout value for the AirWatch Cloud Connector (ACC) from 10 minutes to -1 or no timeout so that the ACC constantly listens for messages.
- CRSVC-758–Updated the performance of register-device API calls in the AirWatch system so that they properly dispose connections.
- DELL-7–Updated the support for Dell Data Protection | Encryption Enterprise to ensure that Windows 10 devices recognizes the encryption functionality when deployed through AirWatch.
- DELL-15–Updated the AirWatch Protection Agent on Windows Desktop devices so that you can silently install them on devices without a Pending Agent error.
- FBI-177311–Updated the reports functionality in AirWatch to address the reports installer failing to find a rsmgrpolicy.config file when run on SQL 2016.
- FCA-181248–Updated the branding functionality in AirWatch to address an error in branding migrations when branding is not set to override at the global organization group which is caused by a duplicate key in a database table.
- FCA-181272–Updated the branding functionality in AirWatch to address organization groups with overridden branding settings that are missing system code override entries in the database and failing to migrate to updated AirWatch versions.
- FDB-634–Addressed the performance of hub.CertificatesExpiringSummary in the AirWatch database.
- FDB-648–Updated the change event queue service in the AirWatch system to address the system removing devices from smart groups by adding a duplicity check to the dbo.#SGs table in the AirWatch database.
- FDB-643–Updated several indexes in the AirWatch database for performance reasons.
- FDB-673–Partitioned two SQL tables in the AirWatch database for performance reasons; Interrogator.Scheduler and Interrogator.AppList.
- FDB-637–Addressed a deadlock issue in the Interrogator.Scheduler_UpdateSchedule table in the AirWatch database.
- FDB-632–Updated the performance of the database queries in the Apps List Internal view to address a database error that occurs when you load the Apps Internal View page in the AirWatch Console.
- FDB-640–Updated the timeout value in a "exec hub.AppComplianceSummary" query in the AirWatch database.
- FSEC-182594–Addressed a vulnerability in the proxy component of AirWatch.
- RUGG-12–Added a Rugged Enrollment Wizard to AirWatch so that admins can configure different types of enrollments for Rugged Devices in one place.
- RUGG-544–Updated the support for Coke Freestyle products in AirWatch so that when you delete enrolled devices, the FET system displays the status of these devices as un-enrolled to ensure that unenrolled devices receive an enterprise wipe before used at another dispenser.
- RUGG-944–Updated the staging functionality in AirWatch for Android Rugged devices to address the add new application function not displaying the delete action which results in admins inability to delete applications from Staging & Provisioning.
- SINST-174180–Added a headless-installer mode to the Reports installer in AirWatch.
- TDOC-1842–Updated the online help in the AirWatch Console to reflect new and updated features in the latest version of AirWatch.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_9.0._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_9.0_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_9.0_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_9.0_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.