The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Tunnel v1.0 for Windows 10 is publicly available.
AirWatch® Tunnel securely connects both internal and public applications to corporate resources within a secure network. Using Windows 10+ Per App VPN capabilities, AirWatch Tunnel allows you to access corporate resources behind the firewall, giving you easy access to what you need to be productive. Only managed applications can establish a connection with corporate resources, ensuring your personal privacy is maintained.
Note: AirWatch Tunnel works in conjunction with and is managed through configurable system settings within the AirWatch Admin Console. AirWatch Tunnel does not operate without the required AirWatch infrastructure. Please contact your IT administrator before installing AirWatch Tunnel.
Key Features of AirWatch Tunnel v1.0 for Windows 10
Access to Corporate Resources
- Enhance your productivity with quick access to corporate resources behind a firewall.
- Use Internet Explorer(IE) to connect to internal corporate web resources and intranet sites.
Seamless User Experience
- Connect to intranet sites, repositories and other corporate resources through managed applications or IE.
- Maintain personal privacy since only managed apps are able to connect to corporate resources.
- Take advantage of the Auto Connect VPN functionality to easily connect to your corporate resources.
Note: The AirWatch Tunnel v1.0 for Windows does not support VMware Browser for Windows.
The following issues are known issues with the Windows 10 operating system.
- PPAT-1045: Microsoft Edge is unable to resolve DNS queries through Per App VPN. Consider using other browsers.
- If the whitelisted application is already running before AirWatch Tunnel client is installed, launched, or connected, then the whitelisted application must be closed and re-launched for the VPN connection to trigger. This is true for all applications except Chrome. In Chrome, simply reloading the page triggers the VPN.
- PPAT-1110: Windows Tunnel client does not gracefully re-connect after the device goes to sleep. This is an intermittent issue. When this issue happens the error ‘Port already in use’ displays on the device. The end user must reboot the device to resolve this problem.
- PPAT-50: Some Windows Store apps may not work with per app VPN due to Windows 10 platform issues.
- PPAT-1190: While the AirWatch tunnel is connected, DNS queries are sent through the AirWatch Tunnel for non-vpn configured apps as well. This creates an issue when dealing with internal and external webservers. For non-configured apps, the device will try to resolve the site using the internal DNS details, but if the device is not on the company network this will not load properly. This impacts only non-vpn configured apps.
How to Download AirWatch Tunnel v1.0 for Windows 10
Download AirWatch Tunnel v1.0 Windows 10 from the Windows store.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team