Introducing VMware AirWatch® Agent 6.3.2 for Android
The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Agent 6.3.2 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Added the ability to modify the email settings and certificates without reapplying the Email Settings profile on the device for Samsung KNOX devices.
- Administrator can now force the OG move by using the Device Query command or API when using IP Range OG assignment.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- AAGNT-178614: Resolved an issue where customers using Android for Work Accounts could not enroll the device when using console versions below 8.4.7 with AirWatch Agent 6.3 for Android.
- RDC-134: Resovled an issue with Enterprise Reset on the Zebra Ironman/Falcon devices.
- RDC-132: Resolved an issue with Agent Upgrade on Zebra Ironman/Falcon devices.
- AAGNT-178632: Resolved an issue with Enterprise Reset on Zebra TC70 devices running Android 5.0 (Lollipop).
- AAGNT-178617: Resolved an issue where AirWatch Launcher receives an invalid profile causing it to crash.
- AAGNT-178553: Resolved an issue with Wi-Fi auto-connect on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) devices.
- AAGNT-178538: Resolved an issue with configuring Wi-Fi Proxy on Zebra Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) devices.
- AAGNT-178471: Resolved an issue that caused communication with the AirWatch Console to fail.
- AAGNT-178462: Resolved an issue with Sideload Staging on Zebra Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) devices.
- AAGNT-178458: Resolved an issue with OS update on Zebra Ironman/Falcon devices.
- AAGNT-178421: Resolved an issue with Storage Encryption on Zebra Ironman/Falcon devices.
Known Issues in this App Version
- LG devices are unable to download apps from Akamai CDNs.
- SD card encryption is not working on Zebra Falcon and Ironman devices.
- Internal app installation status does not get updated on some devices.
- Products are still installed even though device is out of compliance.
- AirWatch Agent displays inaccurate description for OS Version compliance policy.
- AirWatch Agent pops up after changing the passcode on a Galaxy Note 3.
- AirWatch Agent will not exit after pushing ‘back’ button.
- F5 VPN configuration is not removed after Enterprise Wipe.
- App blacklisting in Android for Work is inconsistent.
- Container causes intermittent ANRs.
- AirWatch Agent configures AirWatch Inbox before activation is accepted.
- Android for Work - Device Owner Mode enrollment fails if optional prompt to select device ownership type is enabled.
- Blacklisted applications are not enabled after device moves to an unrestricted OG on Samsung devices.
- Allow Non-Market App Installation restriction is not enforced on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) devices.
- Reboot Product is not working with Platform OEM Service.
- Commands are not processed from the AirWatch Console when F5 VPN client is configured.
- Enrollment fails when devices are rotated in Landscape mode.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent 6.3.2 for Android.
- Android 4.1+ (Note: in the Google Play store this is incorrectly listed as Android 4.0+).
- AirWatch Console 8.1+.
How to Download AirWatch Agent 6.3.2 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download it from the Google Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team