The VMware Workspace ONE Team is excited to announce that AirWatch Win32 Agent 8.0 for Windows is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Added support for device staging for Windows devices.
- Stage a device to enroll it into AirWatch before sending the device to the end user.
- Staging enrolls the device and updates the device registry in AirWatch to assign the device to the end user.
- This enrollment method prepares the device with device management and associated profiles and apps before shipping the device to the end user.
- Device Staging requires the device to be domain joined.
- You can also stage non-domain joined devices using the Windows command line.
- Added device and user context to device profiles. Profiles are now set at the device or user level. This functionality allows you to set user-specific profiles while also creating profiles for the general device level.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- WPCAGNT-183902: Fixed issue where external USB devices were incorrectly encrypted with BitLocker encryption when connected to a device encrypted through the Encryption profile.
- WPCAGNT-183900: Improved the message displayed when incorrect login credentials are entered during enrollment.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Win32 Agent v8.0 for Windows.
- Windows 10
- AirWatch 9.0+
How to Download AirWatch Win32 Agent v8.0 for Windows
- Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download it from awagent.com
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team