Getting ready for AirWatch 9.0
AirWatch 9.0 is now available! You can view the latest SaaS deployment schedule here. Subscribe to this page to stay up to date with the latest information about this release, including technical bulletins, blog posts, known issues, release notes, and documentation.
- New Windows 10 Unified Endpoint Management capabilities for robust PC lifecycle management
- Introduction of support for Augmented Reality (AR) endpoints
- Simplified setup of Wi-Fi, VPN and email resources across device platforms
- Streamlined setup of VMware Workspace ONE and enhancements to app suite
- UI enhancements including optimized login screen, header, navigation and branding
- AirWatch 9.0 user interface updates
- AirWatch 9.0 release notes
- The sign up for the AirWatch 9.0 Release Highlights Webinar is available here. (Note: This webinar is available to Customers and Partners only.)
- A list of all available product documentation for AirWatch 9.0 is available here.
- Branding updates in AirWatch 9.0
- AirWatch 9.0 will introduce anonymous data collection and analytics
- FCA-181222: In AirWatch 9.0, devices are not renamed DELETE IN PROGRESS when they are added to the delete queue
- APC-316: In AirWatch 9.0, configuring Browser settings requires using FQDN URLs
- CMSVC-1359: Unable to move user to parent OG after a device is enrolled
Microsoft SQL Server support
AirWatch 9.0 (including any future AirWatch 9.0 Feature Pack) will be the final AirWatch version that will support Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 for the AirWatch Database. Future major versions of the AirWatch Console will require that the AirWatch Database is installed on a server that is running Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
As of AirWatch 9.0, AirWatch does not offer full support for Microsoft SQL Server 2016. We are looking to add support for SQL Server 2016 as soon as possible.