Introducing AirWatch 8.4.6
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.4.6 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.4.6
Release - 8.4
Work Items Addressed
- AAPP-1221: Added seed script to AirWatch to support the latest version of Apple iOS.
- AGGL-3: Addressed the time the Add User Group page loads when there are more than 600 user groups in an organization group by updating the mapping of user groups and enrollment values.
- AGGL-220: Added a new API that takes the Vendor ID supplied by Workspace ONE upon enrollment through adaptive management, locates the applicable MDM UDID, and performs an enterprise wipe on the device, making unenrollment through Workspace ONE possible.
- AMST-51: Updated the procedure for Azure Active Directory (AAD) enrollment with AirWatch so that the AirWatch system checks for the Azure access token before calling the enrollment complete, and this prevents the system from prematurely sending the profile and taking samples from AAD devices.
- ARES-2: Added an option to upload an XML file that populates key-value pairs for app configurations when you upload a public iOS application to the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-202664: Updated the capture of telecom data in AirWatch so that the data reported in the console is consistent with the telecom carrier charges.
- CMEM-182156: Updated the encryption functionality in the Secure Email Gateway so that the system does not block attachments set for encryption and so that the system encrypts all attachments as configured.
- CMEM-182343: Updated the Container for iOS, Boxer, and Secure Email Gateway so that when you use these systems, they generate an encryption key, when configured, when iOS devices enroll through Container.
- CMEM-182323: Added an Email Settings tab to Boxer for iOS when you add it to AirWatch as a Volume Purchase Program app.
- CMEM-182130: Created processes in the AirWatch MEM system and the Secure Email Gateway to authenticate to a sub-domain in a child organization group while also allowing authentication to the main domain in the parent organization group so that you can configure email for users in the sub-domain when you use cross domain KCD.
- CMEM-182497: Increased the buffer for Kerberos tokens in the Secure Email Gateway so that Kerberos authentication does not crash when tokens are greater than 10,000 bytes.
- CMSVC-285: Updated adaptive access enrollment of iOS devices with Workspace ONE to address the system not processing compromised compliance policies on enrolled iOS devices by adjusting the beacon evaluation logic.
- CMSVC-689: Updated the AirWatch "addadminuser" API so that it includes sending emails to admins with newly created or modified roles.
- CMSVC-595: Updated an AirWatch environment to address an issue in device profiles with converting legacy assignments to smart group assignments.
- OAGNT-182884: Updated the seeded files for the AirWatch Agent for Mac OS X to reflect the latest version.
- PPAT-960: Updated RSA functionality in the AirWatch Tunnel to address a Java exception that causes a time out with AirWatch Browser.
- PPAT-985: Addressed the per-app tunnel functionality in the AirWatch tunnel to address tunnel server crashes pertaining to a segmentation fault (segfault).
- PPAT-992: Updated AirWatch Browser, AirWatch Tunnel, and SAML functionality to address the system returning a login page instead of returning the specific external site entered in the browser.
Use the following step-by- step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.4._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.4_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.4_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.4_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.