Introducing AirWatch 8.4.5
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.4.5 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.4.5
Release - 8.4
Work Items Addressed
- AAPP-960: Enhanced Apple EDU profile push to 1-to-1 devices enrolled in child Organization Groups.
- AAPP-2: Added MDM support for upcoming iOS release.
- AAPP-8: Added MDM support for upcoming Mac OS release.
- AGGL-186: Created option to clear or leave a shared device's passcode when the device is logged out.
- AGGL-327: Added unsername search for unenrolled devices in Device Extensive Search API.
- AGGL-160: Enhanced device enrollment count parameters and filters.
- AGGL-162: Added ability to delete registered devices using AssetNumber and a specified UserID.
- AGGL-431: Enhanced Directory User creation and addition to ensure Active status for users.
- AGGL-319: Added "Clear Settings" button to Google LaForge Settings page in the AIrWatch Admin Console.
- AMST-509: Enhanced Custom Friendly name display in the AirWatch Admin Console for Windows Phone 8.1 devices after enrollment.
- AMST-98: Enhanced Azure AD Immutable ID decoding and comparison.
- ARES-665: Enhanced ability to edit new iOS VPN profiles for iOS devices in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- ARES-643: Improved Manage Devices page load time for large device count deployments.
- ARES-15: Added adaptive management functionality for internal iOS application availability.
- ARES-175: Set default for "Require Management" flag for iOS internal apps to "False."
- ARES-906: Modified ADP record function to consider Require Management settings.
- CMCM-186017: Enhanced User Group assignment editing for Remote Storage settings in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMCM-186054: Modified Link Field for Repository Templates path constraints.
- CMCM-186039: Enhanced Delete Files/Folders function for NFS Repository files.
- CMCM-186302: Enhanced AirWatch Content Locker file sync logic for NFS Repository.
- CMDM-203985: Upgraded Change Report API reporting.
- CMDM-204096: Reordered XML values in CustomAttribute Search API tags.
- CMDM-202433: Added a Role resource for Offline enrollment feature.
- CMDM-204294: Implemented SDK profile into Workspace One.
- CMDM-204052: Enhanced default SDK settings for Workspace One.
- CMEM-182111: Enhanced Hebrew filename support for SEG Encryption on iOS devices.
- CMEM-182295: Enhanced sending Enrollment reminder email from AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMSVC-644: Enhanced SAML redirection with a SHA256-signed authentication request.
- CONSVR-774: Enhanced file finding during RFS merge between Linux and Windows.
- CONSVR-781: Enabled RFS installer to configure default Vertx cluster port.
- CRSVC-148: Integrated Opentrust certificates with Lotus Domino user LDAP directory.
- CRSVC-280: Revised API throttling issue with AirWatch Cache enabled.
- CRSVC-36: Integrated Web Listener with Lotus Domino user Person document.
- CRSVC-372: Configured Web Endpoint to show in CA template UI for OpenTrust.
- FBI-177007: Enabled data export from AirWatch database into Datamart using stored procs.
- FCA-179738: Enhanced device location and tracking.
- FCA-180198: Resolved login redirect loop for AirWatch Pro.
- FSEC-182418: Created an endpoint for certificate pinning validation errors in the Event Logging API.
- FSEC-182445: Added SSL Pinning endpoints to the Trust Service Implementation.
- RUGG-89: Upgraded UpdateCustomAttibute API CA creation.
- RUGG-3: Enhanced sorting performance for products assigned to devices in the AirWatch Admin Portal.
- RUGG-4: Added pagination support to Product Provisioning Job API.
- RUGG-71: Enhanced offline provisioning protocol to indicate when content cannot be retrieved from the remote repository.
- RUGG-429: Added white space support to CustomAttributes API.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.4._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.4_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.4_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.4_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.