Introducing AirWatch 8.2.9
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.2.9 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.2.9
Release - 8.2
Work Items Addressed
- AAPP-700 - Seeded script for upcoming iOS, Mac OS, and tvOS releases.
- AAPP-329 - Modified setup prompt displayed during Managed Distribution setup.
- AAPP-645 - Improved language rendering for AirWatch Agent Check-In error messages on iPad.
- CMDM-202186 - Seeded script for upcoming iOS, Mac OS, and tvOS releases.
- AAPP-1081 - Seeded script for upcoming iOS release.
- CMDM-200457 - Improved buffer memory usage during Register Device API QR code creation.
- AMST-274 - Modified native EAS profile for Windows 10.
- CMAM-172547 - Improved App install count process and recording logic in application metadata.
- AMST-585 - Enhanced Restriction profile installation.
- CMAM-172876 - Enhanced Managed Application List displays for applications to be deployed at a future date.
- ARES-215 - Improved logic in Delete ADP records process.
- ARES-574 - Revised corporate branding in App Catalog menu.
- AAPP-15 - Enhanced provisioning profile command queuing after application edits to prevent duplicates.
- CMDM-192545 - Updated Last Seen metadata logic for Device Details page in AirWatch Admin Console.
- ARES-716 - Revised corporate branding in App Catalog menu for mobile devices.
- CMAM-171404 - Improved Preview Assign Devices display after a filter or Smart Group is added or removed.
- CMCM-185568 - Enhanced ability to create an NFS Manual template in an organization group on the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMCM-185718 - Improved workflow for creating a user repository on a device using AirWatch Content Locker.
- CMCM-185721 - Improved ability to rename and delete user repositories in AirWatch Content Locker.
- CMCM-186102 - Added Child organization group settings to accept "Inherit" permissions and assignments.
- CMCM-185761 - Resolved displays of unwanted metadata in Device Details Content page.
- CMDM-202773 - Enhanced Telecom service deployment during enrollment of Android devices.
- CMEM-182216 - Improved Sync Mailbox function in AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-201588 - Unified behaviors of Admin Update API and editing an admin on the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-200065 - Updated compliance policy manufacturer display name for enrollment process.
- CMDM-200216 - Modified user addition via API in Multidomain Setup to exclude domain prefix.
- CMDM-199578 - Enhanced compliance policy dashboard appearance for Internet Explorer 11.
- FDB-231 - Enhanced Organization Group deletion to manage related Smart Groups.
- CONSVR-682 - Revised image and large file download handling from AirWatch Admin Console repositories.
- FCA-179116 - Enhanced handling of AirWatch Hub export file names for Organization Groups with double-byte names.
- FCA-178872 - Modified Export to PDF function in AirWatch Hub.
- FDB-552 - Revised Bulk Import timeout logic during user enrollment.
- GEM-77 - Enhanced GEM inventory service handling of AirWatch Admin Console proxy details.
- GEM-84 - Updated stored procedure to pull app data to include needed Bundle IDs.
- PPAT-496 - Enhanced Client Cert renewal process for MAG certificate.
- PPAT-501 - Modified AirWatch Proxy to force browser to re-fetch expired certificates.
- PPAT-76 - Modified total HTTP header size to be configurable to allow large Kerberos tokens.
- PPAT-902 - Improved DNS request handling for AirWatch Tunnel server.
- PPAT-909 - Enhanced security for reachability test between iOS AirWatch SDK and AirWatch Tunnel proxy (Legacy MAG). More information can be found here.
- SINST-174022 - Resolved date format issues to improve AirWatch Database upgrades.
- SINST-174110 - Updated corporate branding on AirWatch Installers.
- SINST-174088 - Enabled automatic HTTP activation for the automatic .NET Framework 4.5.2 installation.
- WPCAGNT-183850 - Enhanced Pending Agent Status display screen to account for Protection Agent installation.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.2._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.2_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.