Introducing AirWatch 8.4.3
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.4.3 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.4.3
Release - 8.4
Work Items Addressed
- AAPP-304 - Updated the support for device-based assignment in Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP) by addressing the creation of a VPP user record in shared-device scenarios so that applicable applications display in the app catalog on devices.
- AAPP-646 - Updated the AirWatch Agent for iOS and the integration with Apple’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP) to address failed HMAC validation for Secure Browser and Content Locker for Web-enrolled DEP devices when the device-user cancels the Agent prompt for credentials.
- AAPP-700 - Added seed script to AirWatch to support the latest versions of Apple iOS, Mac OS X, and Apple TV.
- AAPP-70 - Updated an application-user-device-credential procedure that targets an incorrect user ID on Mac OS X devices in AirWatch to address install commands for Volume Purchase Program (VPP) apps that stay in queue when Mac OS X devices are in a check-in and check-out scenario.
- ABRW-170339 - Addressed a device-enrollment-user-details stored procedure in the AirWatch database that uses too much CPU because Device Services calls it with every device lookup function.
- AGGL-404 - Updated the extended attributes feature in system settings in AirWatch so that you can create extended properties, and they do not block device enrollment.
- AMST-224 - Updated an AirWatch preview build to address Enterprise Data Protection profiles, also called Windows Information Protection, that fail to install on Windows 10 devices and to address installation commands sticking in the command queue.
- AMST-274 - Updated the Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) profile in AirWatch to change the target the profile uses to refer to the native email client on Windows 10 devices.
- AMST-48 - Added logic to AirWatch in support of VPN functionality for Windows 10 that sends delete commands to delete a VPN profile and adds a new version of a VPN profile to devices.
- ARES-442 - Addressed the system queueing errant application removal commands after admins modify products in provisioning packages in AirWatch.
- ARES-655 - Addressed two application-data-handler methods caught in a loop that prevent profile payloads from installing from AirWatch to various platforms.
- CMCM-186061 - Addressed the creation of a user that shares folders in the AirWatch Self-Service Portal (SSP) because it makes duplicates of the user in the AirWatch Admin Console and prevents the user from accessing the SSP.
- CMCM-186127 - Addressed the inability to upload multiple files or to drag and drop multiple files in the AirWatch Content feature.
- CMDM-203115 - Addressed the system adding a proxy server port with an empty value, which causes the profile to fail installation, when admins do not specify a port in iOS cellular profiles in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMEM-182161 - Enabled certificate authentication for Boxer for Android in the AirWatch Mobile Email Management feature.
- CMEM-182216 - Updated mailbox sync functionality in AirWatch to address when a mail box ID with too many characters causes the sync to fail and displays an error that refers to string or binary data truncation.
- CMSVC-584 - Addressed an add-missing-action that identifies user principal names (UPNs) as unique rather than external IDs because an AirWatch environment can have users with the same UPN.
- CRSVC-47 - Updated support for IPv6 in AirWatch so that all TCP connections made with the default TcpClient Constructor work on IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- CRSVC-84 - Updated the AirWatch Cache functionality so that a particular configuration method enforces the maximum retry limit when you enable Redis for caching.
- CRSVC-93 - Updated the server throttling values in AirWatch APIs so that they account for the start time of the API call and so that they refresh one minute from the time the system makes the first API call.
- FCA-179565 - Split a mobile-management-authentication-token-load stored procedure (sproc) into a select sproc and an update sproc to improve query function and reduce CPU in the AirWatch database.
- FCA-179693 - Addressed the performance of the login function in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- FCA-179831 - Updated the logic for Self-Service Portal (SSP) authentication so that the email-based authentication in the SSP system checks the database for matching domain entries and then checks for auto-discovery server entries.
- FCA-179960 - Addressed the display of the asset number value when you edit the Device Details View in the AirWatch Admin Console so that the value displays and not a blank field.
- PPAT-723 - Addressed Windows Phone devices re-enrolling in AirWatch and not getting the necessary certificates to use VPN.
- WMAGNT-2024 - Updated seed script for the latest AirWatch Agent for Windows Mobile.
- WPCAGNT-183850 - Addressed Windows 10 devices getting stuck in the Pending Agent stage of bulk provisioning in AirWatch.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.4._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.4_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.4_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.4_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.