Introducing AirWatch 8.3.9
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.3.9 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.3.9
Release - 8.3
Work Items Addressed
- AAPP-646 - Updated the AirWatch Agent for iOS and the integration with Apple’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP) to address failed HMAC validation for Secure Browser and Content Locker for Web-enrolled DEP devices when the device-user cancels the Agent prompt for credentials.
- AAPP-700 - Added seed script AirWatch to support the latest versions of Apple iOS, Mac OS X, and Apple TV.
- AMST-274 - Updated the Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) profile in AirWatch to change the target the profile uses to refer to the native email client on Windows 10 devices.
- AMST-48 - Added logic to AirWatch in support of VPN functionality for Windows 10 that sends delete commands to delete a VPN profile and adds a new version of a VPN profile to devices.
- ARES-442 - Addressed the system queueing errant application removal commands after admins modify products in provisioning packages in AirWatch.
- CMAM-173563 - Added a migration tool to a specific AirWatch environment that moves all currently claimed licenses to device-based licenses so that you no longer have to manage Apple IDs for your Volume Purchase Program deployment.
- CMCM-185243 - Addressed admin repositories in the Secure Content Locker that work with automatic templates but not with manual templates when the repositories use a network shared drive.
- CMCM-186061 - Addressed the creation of a user that shares folders in the AirWatch Self-Service Portal (SSP) because it makes duplicates of the user in the AirWatch Admin Console and prevents the user from accessing the SSP.
- CMDM-200065 - Updated the seed script that acts on devices by manufacturer value in compliance policies in AirWatch so that the system does not errantly wipe devices.
- CMDM-203115 - Addressed the system adding a proxy server port with an empty value, which causes the profile to fail installation, when admins do not specify a port in iOS cellular profiles in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMEM-182216 - Updated mailbox sync functionality in AirWatch to address when a mail box ID with too many characters causes the sync to fail and displays an error that refers to string or binary data truncation.
- FDB-231 - Addressed a foreign key error in an admin-location-group-delete statement in reference to a thumb-print-user-group-list-user-group reference constraint that prevents the deletion of an organization group that has a directory user group assigned to a smart group.
- PPAT-726 - Disabled a VPN profile for AirWatch Tunnel on Windows 10 devices, Windows Phone, and Windows Desktop, to be re-enabled when functionality is released.
- WPCAGNT-183850 - Addressed Windows 10 devices getting stuck in the Pending Agent stage of bulk provisioning in AirWatch.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.3._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.3_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.