Introducing AirWatch 8.4.2
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.4.2 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.4.2
Release - 8.4
Work Items Addressed
- AAPP-429 - Addressed the bulk import process of devices into AirWatch that are part of Apple's Device Enrollment Program (DEP) so that the process creates single DEP device registration records when admins bulk import devices instead of duplicate records.
- AGGL-17 - Updated the users section of the AirWatch Admin Console to address the enrollment time the console displays on the Device page to ensure it reflects the actual enrollment date and not an errant server time.
- AGGL-78 - Addressed the organization group menu option when adding a device in the AirWatch Admin Console so that long lists of organization groups allow admins to scroll through the list.
- AGGL-284 - Addressed enrollment with AirWatch through Workspace ONE so that the system does not prompt for SAML credentials because VMware Identity Manager processes authentication on the backend.
- AMST-98 - Updated AirWatch's integration with Azure Active Directory (AAD) so that the system compares the plain text immutable IDs from AAD with the ID in the AirWatch database when a user is synced in a hybrid enrollment (AAD and Active Directory).
- ARES-127 - To prevent deadlocks, updated the application-list-save stored procedure to create new application records when an AppHash or VersionCode changes.
- ARES-215 - Updated the logic for the application-deployment-parameters-delete-for-app stored procedure in AirWatch to address the joining of incorrect identifiers with a possible result of the arbitrary deletion of parameter records for any application.
- AAPP-645 - Updated the AirWatch Agent for iOS so that when there is a check-in or check-out error on an iPad set to a language other than English, the error message is in the set language and not in English, too.
- CMDM-191232 - Updated the time zone profile in AirWatch so that it sets the time correctly in locations that do not use daylight savings.
- CMDM-203709 - Added code to the AirWatch installer in support of the latest version of AirWatch Launcher.
- CMDM-204139 - Addressed a system-code-override ID in AirWatch that was not updating to the latest version of AirWatch Launcher and causing Launcher to fail.
- CMEM-182235 - Updated the mobile email management feature in AirWatch so that the system does not display the Request URL when it decrypts the MEM config from the database and provides the parameters.
- CMEM-182243 - Updated the weblogfile for creating a new MEMconfig file in AirWatch so that admins can access the Search Group filter and get results when they configure the Origination Unit in AirWatch.
- CMSVC-53 - Updated the AirWatch API help documentation to reflect the correct API parameter for email.
- CMSVC-502 - Addressed Admin roles with two factor authentication enabled so that these admins see a EULA with content and can accept it and not a blank EULA.
- CMSVC-508 - Updated the integration of VMware Identity Manager and AirWatch so that when the AirWatch admin configures SAML for enrollment at a parent and child organization group (OG), users can enroll with AirWatch and can log in to the Self-Service Portal (SSP).
- CRSVC-79 - Addressed the performance of API calls for enrollment user when upgrading the AirWatch version.
- FBI-176943 - Changed the link named Download Report to Sample Report in the Application Cost By User report in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- FCA-179692 - Added the AirWatch Express feature to the AirWatch system.
- FDB-539 - Addressed the search feature that times out at the global organization group in the AirWatch Admin Console by updating the mobile-management-enrollment-user-global-search stored procedure in the database.
- FDB-505 - Updated the AirWatch REST API GET request that retrieves all information on specific devices that displayed an HTTP 500 error by accounting for OS versions on devices that are more than eight characters.
- SINST-174110 - Updated the AirWatch installers to use the latest enterprise logos.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.4._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.4_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.4_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.4_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.