Introducing VMware AirWatch® Browser 4.0 for Android
The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Browser 4.0 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Completely redesigned Login Flow
- All timeout values (which are set in the console) will now be inactivity timeouts (timer will be reset by user interaction) and not absolute time (which prompted for authentication at the preset interval irrespective of user interaction).
- Browser honors the Offline mode setting under Settings and Policies / Security Policies. The browser will now be blocked if the device do not have network connection.
- This redesign improves interoperability and makes the user interface consistent across all AirWatch applications.
- Support for custom protocols to launch third party apps
- Added support for App intent URLs, which launches third party apps. The intended apps are launched by clicking these links in the browser.
- Support for blocking end user access to sites with untrusted SSL certificates
- Websites without a valid SSL certificate prompts the user with an option to cancel or proceed to that website. If as an organization you want to prevent access to untrusted websites, disable this option to prevent the users from proceeding to such websites.
- Support for user to save preference for SSL exceptions
- For websites that do not have a valid SSL, the user is prompted to proceed or cancel every time they visit these websites. In order to improve usability, the user now has an option to ‘Remember choice’ for these prompts and are not prompted again until the browser cache is cleared.
- ‘Find in Page’ improvements
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- ABRW-169817 - Browser stripping trailing / when loading URL
- ABRW-169901 - Browser being logged out of site prematurely when using AirWatch Tunnel Proxy
- ABRW-170141 - On uploading of files, browser crashes on jelly bean devices
- ABRW-170155 - Browser not responding on enabling dynamic permissions
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Browser 4.0 for Android.
- Android 4.1 and higher
- AirWatch 8.0 and higher
How to Download AirWatch Browser 4.0 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed – Directs end-users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Directs end-users to download it from the Google Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team