Introducing AirWatch 8.3.8
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.3.8 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.3.8
Release - 8.3
Work Items Addressed
- AAPP-429—Addressed the bulk import process of devices into AirWatch that are part of Apple's Device Enrollment Program (DEP) so that the process creates single DEP device registration records when admins bulk import devices instead of duplicate records.
- AAPP-645—Updated the AirWatch Agent for iOS so that when there is a check-in or check-out error on an iPad set to a language other than English, the error message is in the set language and not in English, too.
- AGGL-17—Updated the users section of the AirWatch Admin Console to address the enrollment time the console displays on the Device page to ensure it reflects the actual enrollment date and not an errant server time.
- AGGL-78—Addressed the organization group menu option when adding a device in the AirWatch Admin Console so that long lists of organization groups allow admins to scroll through the list.
- AMST-598—Updated AirWatch's integration with Azure Active Directory (AAD) so that the system compares the plain text immutable IDs from AAD with the ID in the AirWatch database when a user is synced in a hybrid enrollment (AAD and Active Directory).
- ARES-127—To prevent deadlocks, updated the application-list-save stored procedure to create new application records when an AppHash or VersionCode changes.
- ARES-186—Updated the integration with Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP) so that the system claims licenses for applications for specific models and it does not claim licenses on all device models when admins install the application from the console.
- ARES-194—In a controlled SaaS environment, added a process to AirWatch to authenticate with the content delivery network (CDN) origin server when admins write, read, and delete files.
- ARES-215—Updated the logic for the application-deployment-parameters-delete-for-app stored procedure in AirWatch to address the joining of incorrect identifiers with a possible result of the arbitrary deletion of parameter records for any application.
- ARES-518—Addressed importing applications from the Windows Store for Business to a controlled AirWatch SaaS environment when an admin enables and uses a content delivery network (CDN).
- ARES-598—Addressed Android device enrollment in AirWatch so that the system has code to record the Android Mail client PlatformSettingID and cached certificates for Android devices do not block devices from re-enrolling with AirWatch.
- CMAM-173356—Addressed the renewal process for provisioning profiles in AirWatch so that profiles renewed for all applications at a parent organization group (OG) do not cause the applications in the child OG to fail to install by updating a database table to generate a record of the provisioning profile at the child OG.
- CMAM-173414—Addressed a URL timeout error in an AirWatch controlled SaaS environment that occurs when admins install Windows Store for Business applications in organization groups where they also enable a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
- CMCM-184922—Updated the remote file system (RFS) support in AirWatch so that admins can upload and download files larger than 5GB with the Mac Sync Client to the RFS.
- CMCM-185208—Updated the Mobile Content Management section of AirWatch so that the system pushes file permissions with the file and users do not have to refresh to get the permissions.
- CMCM-185568—Updated the network file system (NFS) support in AirWatch so that users can add repositories in the Self Service Portal (SSP) and then add folders to that repository in Content Locker.
- CMCM-185896—Updated the integration of AirWatch and the VMware Identity Manager so that when users authenticate to the system through VMware Identity Manager with SAML, users can login to the Self Service Portal (SSP) and use the Download SCL Sync option and download the installer.
- CMDM-200029—Updated the read-only admin role in AirWatch so that the role displays the Product tab when the read-only admin views the Device Details page.
- CMDM-200118—Updated the telecom management section of AirWatch so that admins can navigate past the first page of the plan list when an environment has more than 50 devices.
- CMDM-200216—Addressed the API to add users in the AirWatch system so that in a multi-domain setup, the added user's username is the one set in the API and not the domain prefix.
- CMDM-201146—Integrated support for the Windows Store for Business and the use of content delivery networks (CDNs) in a specific controlled AirWatch SaaS environment.
- CMDM-201241—To reduce redundant checks, the AirWatch system caches the existence for the configured absolute expiration result of a content delivery network (CDN) check in a specific, controlled AirWatch SaaS environment.
- CMDM-201322—Addressed the distribution of internal applications for Windows and their dependencies in a controlled AirWatch SaaS environment so that admins can limit deployment of internal APPX, XAP, MSI applications and their dependencies to a content delivery network (CDN).
- CMDM-201536—Addressed the integration of AirWatch app wrapping and AirWatch Container to ensure that wrapped internal apps and their profiles push to devices that are enrolled through Container.
- CMDM-201599—Updated the product functionality in AirWatch so admins can edit a product and when they select View Device Assignment and change the page size, devices display correctly and the system does not tag devices as "Added."
- CMDM-202773—Addressed an issue with the system not downloading the telecom service to devices upon enrollment with AirWatch.
- CMDM-203099—Addressed the dynamic assignment functionality in AirWatch so that the feature assigns a telecom plan to devices in an organization group that is not a customer type.
- CMEM-181559—Addressed a sync-criteria error that occurs when admins sync selected mailboxes that use Powershell so that the SMTP addresses align and devices display as managed.
- CMEM-182243—Updated the weblogfile for creating a new MEMconfig file in AirWatch so that admins can access the Search Group filter and get results when they configure the Origination Unit in AirWatch.
- CMSVC-350—Added a purge job to clean up smart groups not associated to an organization group in the AirWatch system.
- CMSVC-53—Updated the AirWatch API help documentation to reflect the correct API parameter for email.
- CONSVR-682—Updated the Content Gateway so that admins can configure JAVA Cg and successfully download large files from repositories to the console or devices and images display as designed.
- FAPI-178502—Updated the AirWatch REST API for bulk push notifications to internal iOS applications to ensure the system sends the notification to the correct endpoint as instructed by the API parameters.
- FCA-179066—Updated the AirWatch Cache feature to adjust the scroll bar display to ensure it displays for the whole settings page and not just for listed servers.
- FDB-442—Addressed the renewal process for service tokens (sTokens) in Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP) by updating a get-VPP-enrollment-user-by-lg stored procedure in the AirWatch database.
- FDB-469—Addressed a primary key constraint in a recommended-external-apps-load-devices stored procedure in the AirWatch database by updating location-group tables in the database.
- FDB-505—Updated the AirWatch REST API GET request that retrieves all information on specific devices that displayed an HTTP 500 error by accounting for OS versions on devices that are more than eight characters.
- FDB-517—Updated the certificate batching logic for VPN profiles that use certificate authentication and AirWatch Tunnel to decrease CPU use on the device services server.
- PPAT-76—Updated the support for Kerberos in AirWatch so that the AirWatch Tunnel supports HTTP header sizes larger than 10 KB to account for large Kerberos tokens, which are sent in the request header.
- PPAT-793—Addressed the wrapping of a specific application that uses the AirWatch Tunnel so that after wrapping, the application can re-connect to the end server.
- SINST-174022—Addressed the upgrade of the AirWatch database by updating the localization of the date format in languages other than English.
- SINST-174110—Updated the AirWatch installers to use the latest enterprise logos.
- SYSAR-484—Ensured that the logging feature in AirWatch reports the correct caching agent when it reports on found system code.
- SYSAR-561—Updated the AirWatch architecture so that the system displays an Add option if the environment does not have a cache configured and so that the system does not display options in the server list if it is not configured.
- SYSAR-562—Globalized and rearranged the certificate options on the Join An Existing Server tab in the Cache Settings section of the AirWatch Admin Console.
- SYSAR-563—Rearranged the certificate options on the Configure AirWatch Cache page > Join An Existing Server tab.
- SYSAR-567—Updated the AirWatch Caching feature so that admins can select the Parent Node when checking the cache status and the system does not reset data.
- SYSAR-568—Ensured the AirWatch Cache feature reports and lists the correct number of connected subordinate servers.
- SYSAR-574—Updated the AirWatch architecture so that admins can use the FlushAll method on specific environment caches and not on all environment caches.
- SYSAR-575—Updated the AirWatch Cache feature so that cache keys include the AirWatch version and the environment name to move towards the automatic flushing of cache.
- SYSAR-653—Updated the AirWatch Cache feature to ensure that the system excludes prefixes when it builds cache keys.
- SYSAR-670—Addressed the access to the Cache Settings page in AirWatch to ensure admins access it only in the global organization group (OG) and in no other OG.
- SYSAR-675—Addressed the AirWatch Cache feature when integrated with Redis so that the system does not display the AirWatch version in the database prefix.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.3._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.3_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.