The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch MDM Agent 5.7 for Windows Mobile is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Added support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2 communications in MDM Agent.
- Replaced XOR & DES encryption with AES encryption in MDM Agent.
- Improved security by using CryptGenRandom() for random number generation.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- WMAGNT-1213: Fixed issue where WiFi configuration failed on Motorola WinCE 7 device using Advanced Staging.
- WMAGNT-1434: Fixed issue where the Application Manager crashed when a Warm boot action was included with a download action.
- WMAGNT-1457: Fixed issue where the device un-enrolled after an agent upgrade.
- WMAGNT-1603: Fixed issue where devices became sluggish after a few hours of use.
- WMAGNT-1675: Custom Attribute updated via Device API(SDK) now updates on the AirWatch Admin Console immediately.
- WMAGNT-1696: AirWatch now correctly validates Group Id when performing a Universal barcode enrollment.
- WMAGNT-1803: Fixed issue where the AirWatch Agent dials our through VPN when the WiFi/ Cellular data is disabled.
- WMAGNT-1819: Fixed issue where a persisted product downloaded from the network instead of the local device following a cold boot.
- WMAGNT-1861: Product status is now properly displays when AW service is inactive on the device.
- WMAGNT-1908: Launcher on Honeywell 99EX no longer prevents use of Windows button after exit.
- WMAGNT-2000: AirWatch now cleans the download folder and cache when a file copy action fails to copy a file from the download folder to the correct folder.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch MDM Agent 5.7 for Windows Mobile.
- Windows Mobile 5.0 and higher or Windows CE 5 and higher
- AirWatch 8.4 and higher (to use any console dependent feature changes or access the seeded agent directly in the console)
Note: The agent is backwards compatible to older versions of the console but it won’t be seeded in the console for download and any specific feature that has a console-side dependency (configuration setting or profile) does not work.
How to Download AirWatch MDM Agent 5.7 for Windows Mobile
- Prior Version is Installed – If you have a prior version of AirWatch Windows Mobile MDM Agent installed on your device, you must upgrade your existing agent (please reference the VMware AirWatch Windows Rugged Platform Guide for specific instructions on performing this if needed).
- Prior Version is Not Installed – If you do not have a prior version of AirWatch Windows Mobile MDM Agent installed on your device:
- SaaS customers: Download the agent through the AirWatch Console via web-based enrollment, a sideload CAB file from the console, or using the Staging methods located under the product provisioning section.
- On Premise Customers: Download the agent from AirWatch Resources. You must be whitelisted to access the CAB file. Please contact your account manager for more information.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team