The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Remote Management 3.0 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Enhanced security by removing AES256ECB as an accepted form of encryption.
- Improved performance for some OEMs using standard Android APIs.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- REMOTE-567: Fixed issues with Zebra CC5000 devices where the UI Application did not display properly.
- REMOTE-528: Fixed an issue that occasionally required reapplying Agent Settings for Remote Management to work properly.
- REMOTE-477: Fixed an issue where launching the Remote Management the Applet UI with the Android device in landscape mode instantly closed all drop-down menus.
- REMOTE-318: Fixed an issue where the Remote Management applet did not display the file properties when using the File Manager.
- REMOTE-298: Fixed an issue with Samsung devices where the Remote Management applet would freeze when switching from the UI application to any other application.
Samsung devices do not always successfully display the remote management UI on the following devices:
- Galaxy Note 8
This is a known issue that relate to device-specific OEM issues. AirWatch is working with Samsung to resolve this issue. Once those solutions are found we will release those fixes in a future release.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Remote Management 3.0 for Android.
Note: Please be aware of the End of life for Remote Management 1.0 and legacy Android Remote Control.
- Android Version 4.0+
- AirWatch Version Cherry
- Supported OEMs:
How to Download AirWatch Remote Management 3.0 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download it from the AirWatch App Catalog, requires the Admin to update this by downloading first from myAirWatch
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team