The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Browser 5.0 for iOS is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Complete User Interface update
- All Tabs view shows a grid view of websites that are open, thus easing the process of selection by the end user.
- Home screen layout and icons are updated.
- New Tab and Home screen pages support bookmarks and recents in tile form
- This feature allows the end user to quickly access important sites and web apps without having to key in the URL.
- Kiosk Mode enhancements to provide multi-tab and URL bar capability
- This can be configured in AirWatch Console 8.4 and above.
- Support for disabling email composition from within AirWatch Browser
- Support for blocking end-user access to sites with untrusted SSL certificates
- This feature can be configured in AirWatch Console 8.3 and above.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- Intermittent integrated authentication issues in iOS Browser (IBRW-169899)
- Browser integrated authentication failing (IBRW-169875)
- Browser URL re-direct not being handled (IBRW-169910)
- iOS Browser opens hyperlink as new, blank tab (IBRW-169915)
- Browser enable CORS by default (IBRW-169907)
- Unable to login to Internal Web Portal (IBRW-169743)
- External site does not load in the Browser (IBRW-169742)
Take advantage of the above mentioned updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Browser 5.0 for iOS.
- iOS 8 and higher
- AirWatch 8.1 or higher
How to Download AirWatch Browser 5.0 for iOS
- Prior Version is Installed – Directs end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly gets updated without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Directs end users to download the app from the iOS App Store.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team