Introducing VMware® AirWatch® Content Locker 3.1 for iOS
The VMware® AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Content Locker 3.1 for iOS is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Document Extensions – Enables end users to interact with Content Locker files within third party applications. Please see the Knowledge Base article for configuration instructions and repository considerations.
- SmartArt – Allows end-users to render and edit basic SmartArt images in Office documents. Basic SmartArt does not include hierarchical or 3D images.
- Track Changes – Enables end-users to accept or reject other users’ changes in Office documents.
- Workspace One – Supports AirWatch Content Locker application compatibility with Workspace One.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- ISCL-174589 - Content may sporadically get corrupted after a day while cellular network is slow and changing frequently
- ISCL-174185 - Content Locker application crashes while resizing the image in PDF files
- ISCL-174613 - Content Locker application may crash when attempting to open certain PPT files - iPhone only
- ISCL-174362 - Hyperlink functionality for Table of Contents in a Word document does not work
- ISCL-174343 - Content Locker application may randomly not show any content
- ISCL-174309 - PDF file editing is failing for files that are greater than 25MB
- ISCL-174287 - Outline alignment for Microsoft Word files gets changed by Content Locker application
- ISCL-174254 - Large TXT files do not load correctly
- ISCL-174242 - Unable to flip between portrait and landscape modes when viewing PDF & PNG files - iPhone only
- ISCL-171941 - Predictive search results are getting appended instead of replacing in comments
- ISCL-174293 - Edited PDF files are displaying incorrectly in the Content Locker application as some edited fields show blank until you click on them
- ISCL-174199 - Localization fixes
- ISCL-174198 - Content Locker (awscl) links display error message
- ISCL-174188 - Content Locker application may become stuck on Configuring screen when Container-enrolled
- ISCL-174182 - Chinese characters display incorrectly on iOS 9+ devices with Content Locker application version 3.0
- ISCL-174131 - Excel color filter-formatting is lost for color-formatted tables when viewed/edited in Content Locker application
- ISCL-173919 - Unable to open some Excel document after editing them in the Content Locker application
- ISCL-173913 - Unable to zoom in/out on TIFF files
- ISCL-173900 - Unable to play audio files in Content Locker if Cellular Data setting is disabled
- ISCL-173848 - Opening links from Content Locker opens URI without query string on iOS Browser
- ISCL-173822 - Content Locker application may occasionally crash when attempting to open large image files
- ISCL-173774 - Unable to save rich media files
- ISCL-173743 - iPhone6S keyboard fails to open when attempting to edit PowerPoint document
- ISCL-173377 - Content Locker application crashes when attempting to render large PDF files
- ISCL-173301 - Space bar and Delete keys may not work properly for some bluetooth keyboards - iPad only
- ISCL-172788 - Uploading photos in Content Locker strips EXIF data
- ISCL-172671 - Thai characters display incorrectly in some office files
- ISCL-172149 - Word documents with tables show cell numbers within each cell after importing to Content Locker application
- ISCL-173466 - Content Locker application shows LOCK and LOGOUT buttons in the settings page for same SDK settings on devices
- ISCL-173696 - Content Locker application is unable to properly handle large .PPT, .CSV and .XLSX files
- ISCL-174145 - Checkboxes in .doc/.docx Word files do not display when opening in the Content Locker application
- ISCL-174360 - Required fields metadata is being removed by the Content Locker application after editing and saving back to Sharepoint 2013
- ISCL-174363 - Content Locker does not display dropdown lists in Excel files
- ISCL-174623 - Certain Font styles may display incorrectly in Office files
- ISCL-174624 - Unable to save password-protected Office files
- ISCL-174625 - Folder names not restricted in size but truncates display to below 60 characters
- ISCL-174627 - Comment Author is displayed as "Polaris Office" when viewed in desktop & user is unable to edit the author name in the Content Locker application
- ISCL-174634 - Empty text files shows the file size as "Unknown size"
- ISCL-174635 - Timestamp for text message alerts is getting cut off
- ISCL-174637 - File size details in the info tab are not being updated after editing and saving a file
- ISCL-174639 - End-user must "ungroup" SmartArt objects to edit text after saving a document
- ISCL-174658 - Original styles are lost and replaced with new styles in Word documents after saving the file
- ISCL-174659 - Content Locker application may crash when searching a zip file with several folders inside
- ISCL-174675 - .XLS file generated from SQL reporting tool fails to render correctly
- ISCL-174676 - File Extension is not displayed in Import dialog when filename has more than 35 characters
- ISCL-174704 - Content Locker application configured with custom port will not show content
- ISCL-174747 - Format shapes on Microsoft Office on IOS SCL
- ISCL-174748 - Unable to save XLSX files with pivot tables
- ISCL-174845 - PDF rendering in Content Locker application is slow
- ISCL-174856 - Doc Extension for Content Locker for iOS v3.1 may fail to open
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Content Locker 3.1 for iOS.
- iOS 8
- AirWatch 8.2 for “Open Into” restrictions with Doc Extensions
How to Download AirWatch Content Locker 3.1 for iOS
- Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download AirWatch Content Locker 3.1 for iOS from the Apple App Store.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team