iOS 10 is now available! Read more about the new AirWatch features and functionality available for iOS 10 devices.
Alert: Action required for customers using AirWatch applications, SDK or App Wrapping
If you are managing iOS devices through AirWatch and leverage AirWatch applications, SDK, or App Wrapping, it is critical that you make updates to prepare for iOS 10. If you do not make updates you risk devices being incorrectly flagged as compromised and unintentionally wiped or unenrolled when they upgrade to iOS 10. Additionally, if you have configured Mobile Email Management in your environment, compromised devices may stop receiving email. If a device updates to iOS 10 before updating all affected applications and is marked as compromised, then that device must update all affected applications and send a beacon back to the console in order to revert the status back to uncompromised. A beacon can be manually sent to the console by opening any application that contains the AirWatch SDK.
If you are unable to make these updates in advance of iOS 10 we recommend that you temporarily disable Compromised Protection and any compliance policies related to Compromised Detection. To learn more about identifying affected devices, disabling Compromise Protection, and disabling compliance policies click here.
Details can be found in the articles below:
It is important to note that AirWatch Teacher Tools will not support iOS 10. If you use Teacher Tools and have devices that will be upgrading to iOS 10, you should disable Compromise Protection and any compliance policies related to Compromise Detection.
End user communication
We have prepared an email template that can be sent from your executive and help desk team to ensure that users keep their applications up-to-date. This template is available here.
AirWatch Console support for iPhone 7/7+
- For on-premise environments, run the iPhone 7/7+ seed script in order to include model information for these new devices in the AirWatch Console.
- For SaaS environments, no action needs to be taken.
AirWatch Console support for iOS 10
- For on-premise environments, two separate database scripts are available. All administrators with on-premise environments should run the iOS 10 seed script to ensure that iOS 10 is properly added to all applicable drop-down menus in the AirWatch Admin Console. The script to enable iOS 10 functionality should be run on all environments running AirWatch 8.4.5 or higher.
- For SaaS environments, no action needs to be taken. Please note that specific model display names for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus devices will be added as part of the next software release.
For more information about configuring the new iOS 10 settings in AirWatch 8.4.5 and higher, see the AirWatch iOS Platform Guide. If you are using AirWatch Admin Console 8.1 and above, you can still take advantage of these features using custom profiles.
Known Issues related to iOS 10
- AirWatch Teach and AirWatch Learn will not be certified for iOS 10
- Devices that upgrade to iOS 10 Beta may be flagged in AirWatch as compromised
We will continue to update this section as new compatibility issues are identified.
Updated iOS version support following the release of iOS 10
Following the release of iOS 10, AirWatch will guarantee support for the following iOS versions for new AirWatch product releases:
|AirWatch Product||Supported iOS Version|
|AirWatch Productivity Apps*||iOS 9+|
|AirWatch Agent/Container||iOS 8+|
|AirWatch MDM platform support||iOS 7+|
*Includes all AirWatch apps other than the AirWatch Agent and Container
Devices that do not meet these requirements and have not yet enrolled or installed the specific app will not be able to do so following these releases. Devices that are currently enrolled and that currently have the specified apps installed will continue to function, but AirWatch cannot guarantee full support of all functionality for these devices in future versions.
Minimum supported version information is available in the Product Announcement for each release application version.