[10/9/2016 6AM EDT] - The update is complete and the maintenance window has ended.
The myAirWatch site will be undergoing maintenance beginning tonight at 8PM EDT and ending tomorrow at 6AM EDT. During this maintenance window [Oct 7th 8PM EDT - Oct 8th 6AM EDT]:
- Users will be able to access myAirWatch
- Users will be able to submit tickets via myAirWatch
- Users will be able to search and view Solutions (accessible through Guided Support)
- Users will not be able to search the Resource Portal, Community Forums, or Knowledge Base articles
The first time you log on to myAirWatch following the maintenance window, you'll notice it has a new look and feel with an updated layout and branding. We're also making big improvements to search functionality across the site. We hope you like the updates as much as we do. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Updated branding. We're updating the color scheme and redesigning the home page to give myAirWatch a fresh new look.
- Redesigned homepage. We're changing the layout of the homepage, making it cleaner and easier to navigate. We're also including a view of your open tickets at the bottom of the page for easy access.
- Search from any page. Search bars on the homepage and at the top of every page will allow you to search across the entire myAirWatch site, from documentation in the Resource Portal to Community Forum posts.
- Improved search functionality. We're making big changes search functionality and revamping how search results are displayed. We think you'll find it much easier to locate the content you are looking for next time you visit myAirWatch.
- Easier access to Guided Support. When you click on the Support page, you'll be taken directly to Guided Support, eliminating a step to get there. This will allow you to start describing your problem right away, for faster access to a solution or to create a support request.