Introducing AirWatch 8.4.1
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.4.1 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.4.1
Release - 8.4
Work Items Addressed
- CMAM-173321 - Improved VPP license search performance in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- AGGL-20 - Improved Android for Work enrollment flow through enhancements to AirWatch Admin Console and AirWatch Agent.
- AGGL-52 - Enhanced Android Workspace ONE enrollment when two-factor token authentication is enabled.
- AMST-37 - Added support for Device Services changes to support Redstone Enterprise Data Protection profile.
- ARES-194 - Added user authentication for CDN Origin Server Directory.
- ARES-315 - Improved Application List View Dashboard population times.
- ARES-127 - Enhanced new app record creation to prevent deadlocks when AppHash or VersionCode fields are changed.
- CMAM-173474 - Refined Retry schedule command queuing for failed app installation.
- CMCM-185896 - Enhanced support for Download SCL Sync function in AirWatch Self-Service Portal when SAML is enabled for IDM.
- CMCM-185917 - Enhanced Save function for Add Content task in AirWatch Admin Console mobile content management.
- CMCM-185545 - Enhanced edit/annotation rights when moving a file from folder to sub-folder in Personal Content.
- CMCM-186035 - Improved syncing between external repositories and devices when using Content Gateway Relay Enpoint on Windows devices.
- CMDM-203863 - Added Edit access to Custom Attributes for Console Admin in AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-203156 - Added support for Custom Attributes to Desktop role in UA for Windows 10 devices.
- CMSVC-69 - Enhanced ability to configure vIDM at Parent and Child OGs with different vIDM instances.
- CMSVC-346 - Added a Warning message when Smart Group rule limit has been exceeded in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CONSVR-778 - Enhanced ICAP Proxy for Remote File Server and Content Gateway installers.
- CRSVC-35 - Enhanced database script for migrating User Device ID changes.
- PPAT-755 - Refined NSX disabled/enabled option in AirWatch Configurator for new Organization Groups.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.4._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.4_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.4_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.4_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.