Introducing AirWatch 8.3.7
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.3.7 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.3.7
Release - 8.3
Work Items Addressed
- CMAM-173321 - Improved VPP license search performance in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMAM-173563 - Added admin ability to migrate claimed VPP licenses to deviced-based licenses to remove Apple IDs from devices.
- CMAM-173418 - Enhanced VppLicensePool Redeemed counts updating on App Sync.
- AAPP-15 - Resolved duplicate provisioning profile commands queued during publication of internal iOS applications.
- CMDM-200671 - Enhanced Enrollment Status Page export function in the AirWatch Admin Portal.
- CMDM-202288 - Enhanced sub-domain Google User creation during Android for Work Enrollment.
- CMDM-201110 - Enhanced ability to to add duplicate whitelist records to sibling Organization Groups.
- CMDM-198623 - Enhanced User Group assignment performance in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-199733 - Improved mapping rank loading page for user groups
- CMAM-172547 - Improved app intall status updates for all Windows apps.
- CMAM-173036 - Enhanced Universal App installation when other apps are open during installation.
- ARES-127 - Enhanced Application Sample Save to create a new app record under certain conditions to prevent a deadlock.
- CMDM-200316 - Improved iOS profile batching during Profile Assignment changes.
- CMAM-172876 - Modified Managed Application List Reasons to correctly indicate future deployments for applicaations.
- CMAM-173403 - Improved Workspace ONE app catalog icon redirect.
- CMAM-173565 - Revised device license revoke progress display to show full license count.
- CMCM-185566 - Improved DS/CS timeout limit while syncing large repositories
- CMCM-185545 - Enhanced edit/annotation rights when moving a file from folder to sub-folder in Personal Content.
- CMDM-200549 - Added special character support to OG names for AirWatch CA Certificates.
- CMDM-201591 - Modified root and intermediate certificate installation to user certificate store on Windows 10 PCs.
- CMDM-201251 - Enhanced Universal Agent communication with Windows Phone 10 for blacklisted app groups.
- CMDM-200766 - Improved Syslog Enable/Disable system setting functionality.
- CMDM-200958 - Added Gmail and Google Calendar support to Android for Work.
- CMDM-202186 - Seeded scripts for upcoming iOS, OS X, and tvOS releases.
- CMDM-203011 - Enhanced Telecom Plan Assignment to ignore Unknown-identified devices.
- CMDM-202629 - Revised design of Self-Service Portal tabs to correctly display Recovery Key.
- CMDM-200996 - Enhanced Username/Password authentication using 3proxy server in AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMEM-181781 - Improved logging for AirWatch Configuration Management in SEG Integration services.
- CMEM-181471 - Added support for admins to switch between Push Notifications and ENS streaming via App Config.
- CMEM-181958 - Enhanced encrypted email attachment file handling.
- CMDM-199635 - Enhanced Pending Approval display for Added/Removed users in AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-201588 - Revised Update Admin API initial landing page for consistency with AirWatch Admin Console Edit admin page.
- CMDM-201857 - Improved Merge Sproc to reduce timeouts.
- CMDM-200485 - Improved Inline SQL queries to reduce timeouts.
- FCA-178872 - Enhanced Export to PDF function in AirWatch Hub.
- FDB-511 - Improved performance of the enrollment user load sproc to reduce CPU load.
- GEM-77 - Enhanced proxy-based communication from AirWatch Admin Console server to GEM server.
- PPAT-496 - Improved Directory Serivces to provide renewed client certificates when a device re-fetches expired certificate.
- PPAT-501 - Modified Proxy to for AirWatch Browser to re-fetch expired certificates.
- SINST-174088 - Added improvements for HTTP activation feature on 2012r2 server during AirWatch installation.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.3._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.3_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.