Introducing VMware AirWatch® Agent 6.1 for Android
The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Agent 6.1 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Enforce device lock down during AirWatch Launcher upgrades.
- Support of new device manufacturers with generic OEM service.
- Allow silent installation of applications for Huawei and Lenovo devices.
- Implement MC40 battery level reporting.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- AAGNT-177047: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent 6.1- Agent does not register GCM token for push notification service.
- AAGNT-177259: Resolved issue where users are unable to enroll Nexus 5 device as it prompts for "Install Enterprise Service".
- AAGNT-176767: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent 6.1 stops working when locking down AirWatch Launcher upgrade.
- AAGNT-176905: Resolved issue with Wi-Fi with certificate profile fails to configure( TC70/75).
- AAGNT-176357: Resolved issue with grace period for passcode resetting on reboot of the device,
- AAGNT-176196: Resolved issue with AirWatch Agent crashing when enrolling Android M device with AirWatch Launcher.
- AAGNT-176652: Resolved issue with AirWatch Agent v6.1 AWCM connection getting disconnected over a period of time.
- AAGNT-176708: Resolved issue with apps being installed before encryption has been completed.
- AAGNT-176931: Resolved issue with Samsung bulk enrollment getting seeded from the AirWatch Admin Console instead of the KNOX Mobile Enrollment Portal.
- AAGNT-176500: Resolved issue where internal applications not downloading correctly on Lenovo devices.
- AAGNT-177073: Resolved issue where Wi-Fi configuration does not get removed from Samsung Marshmallow devices after un-enrollment.
- AAGNT-177141: Resolved issue where connection to Pulse Secure VPN client with certificate is failing in Agent v6.1.
- AAGNT-176872: Resolved issue with AirWatch Agent unenrolling after network timeout when transitioning to the Samsung ELM Service.
- AAGNT-177143: Resolved issue with native email not configuring properly on Sony Xperia X devices.
- AAGNT-176329: Resolved issue where devices that do not support GCM shows install option instead of ‘Not Supported’ on the Managed Apps tab.
- AAGNT-176036: Resolve issue where CN of identity certificate changes in the AirWatch Agent on the device if the CN of the certificate contains special characters.
- AAGNT-177029: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent returns to last enrolled screen when the Back button is pressed after unenrolling device.
- AAGNT-176944: Resolved issue installation of apps fail when trying to download from the AirWatch App Catalog.
- AAGNT-176756: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent does not silently install certificates and applications after installation of OEM service application.
- AAGNT-176714: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent does not configure Pulse Secure while using certificate when the profile is present before downloading the application.
- AAGNT-176703: Resolved issue device encryption not working as expected on HTC One m9.
- AAGNT-176624: Resolved issue where Pulse Secure VPN configuration with a certificate is not connecting due to removal of certificate install prompt.
- AAGNT-176585: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent hangs at enterprise EULA if device is interrupted or restarted during ELM transition.
- AAGNT-176555: Resolved issue where toast message does not appear during enrollment when AirWatch Agent cannot contact Samsung ELM/KLM endpoint for enterprise EULA.
- AAGNT-176529: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent does not prompt to change passcode on expiration until app is launched.
- AAGNT-176521: Resolved issue where AirWAtch Agent does not check for commands from the AirWatch Admin Console after device comes back online.
- AAGNT-176901: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent does not prompt to retry transition after Samsung ELM activation failure.
- AAGNT-175757: Resolved AirWatch Agent crash issue.
- AAGNT-175418: Resolved issue where Lockscreen Overlay does not apply after transition to Samsung ELM Service.
- AAGNT-174395: Resolved issue where Android wrapped application configured without MAG proxy tunnels through MAG.
- AAGNT-174551: Resolved issue with AirWatch Agent not automatically re-applying the previously not supported profiles when the agent detects install of the service.
- AAGNT-177046: Resolved issue with Android for Work Tunnel profile missing "VPN" header in AirWatch Agent causing the AirWatch Tunnel app to not launch.
- AAGNT-176958: Resolved issue with whitelisting accounts using the “Allow Account Addition” restriction for Samsung KNOX not working as expected.
- AAGNT-176904: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent becomes unresponsive after enrollment with Samsung KNOX.
- AAGNT-176989: Resolved issue with Samsung Multi user not working as expected.
- AAGNT-177278: Resolved issue where pushing the EAS profile with IBM Verse on Samsung S7 fails to take effect.
- AAGNT-177370: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent 6.0 crashes every time it is opened on an HTC Desire 500.
- AAGNT-177271: Resolved issue with AirWatch Agent not responding when issuing a command to change the device's organization group.
- AAGNT-177145: Resolved issue where prompt for changing expired or invalid passcode when unlocking device is no longer working.
- AAGNT-176179: New AirWatch VMware branding will be introduced in AirWatch Agent v6.1 for Android.
- AAGNT-177189: Resolved issue where passcode policies for LG G4 devices force the device into a passcode reset endless loop after the device is updated to Android 6.0.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent 6.1 for Android.
Note: In some cases, users with rooted Android devices may experience crashes when using AirWatch Agent 6.1. Root access should be removed from these devices before using the application.
- Android 4.0+ (Ice Cream Sandwich and above)
- AirWatch Console v8.2+
How to Download AirWatch Agent 6.1 for Android
Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download it from the Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team