Release Announcement for AirWatch 8.2.8
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.2.8 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.2.8
Release - 8.2
Work Items Addressed
- CMCM-185375 — Updated the AirWatch Admin Console UI to remove the option to enable or disable the use of the App Tunnel or the Content Gateway because it should be always enabled on the Add Content Repository page.
- CMDM-200133 — Updated Admin Accounts in the AirWatch Admin Console and in AirWatch APIs so that the two behave identically when you edit an admin user, and so that an active role persists and that active role has access to UI landing pages.
- CMDM-200802 — Updated the AirWatch Launcher so that the system does not remove configured applications unless you configure it to do so when you edit a launcher profile for Windows Mobile.
- CMDM-200869 — Added initial data to the AirWatch database for the latest version of the AirWatch Unified Agent for Windows 32 to prepare for updates.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.2._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.2_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.