Introducing VMware AirWatch® Agent 5.2 for iOS
The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Agent 5.2 for iOS is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Implemented Apple's App Transport Security (ATS) which enforces best practices in secure connections using TLS 1.2 with forward secrecy.
- Improved user experience for SSO
Note: If you have an on-premise or dedicated SaaS AirWatch environment, please read Updated on-premise and dedicated SaaS AirWatch server security requirements for iOS 9 with AirWatch Agent 5.2.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- IAGNT-169000: Intermittent crashes on iOS 8.1.3 device
- IAGNT-168424: When removing the profile while user is in create Passcode screen, the AirWatch Agent fails to navigate to the welcome screen and fails to dismiss the keypad
- IAGNT-168966: AirWatch Agent crashes when HMAC is deleted
- IAGNT-168952: Device profiles do not come down to the device if iBeacon group is assigned
- IAGNT-168942: 'Create Passcode' page is not displayed again when the AirWatach Agent is killed and launched in the create passcode screen.
- IAGNT-168884: AirWatch Agent does not display a welcome message when the 'Un-Enroll Device' option is selected in the AirWatch Agent
- IAGNT-168881: AirWatch Agent displays 'Invalid Enrollment Session' error after validating user credentials
- IAGNT-168869: When Message Type is selected as None during Advanced Staging enrollment with the AirWatch Agent, new users still recieve user activation emails
- IAGNT-168860: Push notification message is shown, even when the AirWatch Agent is locked in an SSO session
- IAGNT-168733: When enrolling with single staging using a standard user, the AirWatch Agent directly lands on the ‘Messages screen’ instead of the ‘Login screen’
- IAGNT-168682: Passcode settings are not sent immediately to device after checking out the user to a different OG with different authentication and biometric modes
- IAGNT-168601: AirWatch Agent shows the ‘Welcome to AirWatch’ enrollment page when pushed down as a managed app from AirWatch Admin Console
- IAGNT-168455: Location tab displays the same record twice in the History tab and displays the time as 0 minutes
- IAGNT-168440: 'Internet Access' connectivity shows a warning even if 'AirWatch Server' connectivity displays as connected
- IAGNT-168427: Branding is not mapped to the 'Do Not Disturb' option in AirWatch Agent
- IAGNT-168424: The push notification icon is still displayed even after removing the MDM profile from the device.
- IAGNT-168421: The push notification badge is not getting updated when the AirWatch Agent is in foreground
- IAGNT-168413: Inbox fails to authenticate with AirWatch Agent when using SAML
- IAGNT-168387: AirWatch Account checkmark is not displayed in agent settings for iOS 8 devices
- IAGNT-168382: The name of the new Application List Version compliance rule is not shown correctly
- IAGNT-168232: Group ID Text is not retained when a user enters invalid Group ID.
- IAGNT-168000: When enrolling with single user-advanced staging, the AirWatch Agent shows an incorrect message when the staging user checks for the AD user and navigates back to staging screen
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent 5.2 for iOS.
- iOS 8 and higher
- AirWatch Console 8.0 and higher
How to Download AirWatch Agent 5.2 for iOS
- Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download it from the App Store
AirWatch Agent 5.2 will support all devices running iOS 8+. Any devices running iOS 7 will be unable to download the new agent. However, any device using an Apple ID that has previously downloaded iOS Agent 5.1 will continue to be able to download and leverage AirWatch Agent 5.1 from the iOS App Store. If one of these devices attempts to re-download the AirWatch Agent while on iOS 7, they will see the following message and be able to continue with downloading version 5.1:
Download an older version of this app? The current version requires iOS 8.0 or later, but you can download the last compatible version.
iOS 7 devices using an Apple ID that has never previously downloaded AirWatch Agent 5.1 will not be able to download the Agent. These devices will see the following message and will be unable to continue:
This app requires a later version of iOS. To download this app, upgrade to iOS 8.0.1 or later.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team