Release Announcement for AirWatch 8.2.6
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.2.6 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.2.06.0
Release - 8.2
AirWatch 8.2.x – The patcher cumulatively patches to 8.2.06.0.
Work Items Addressed
- CMAM-172308 – Improved ability to import Android for Work apps from Google Play from the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMAM-172816 – Improved installation of Universal apps to Windows Phone 10 devices.
- CMAM-172935 – Updated database table column management to enhance procedure to assign applications to devices.
- CMAM-172786 – Updated database table column labelling to enhance procedure to assign applications to devices.
- CMAM-172281 – Improved installation of Business Store Portal apps to Windows Desktop devices.
- CMAM-170986 – Improved AirWatch App Catalog screenshot settings for internal apps on Android, iOS, and Mac Os devices.
- CMCM-185310 – Enhanced ability to add content categories from the Add Content page of the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-199436 – Added an option to enable a trust relationship for a multi-domain setup of the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-199397 – Modified override value management in the Browser Settings page for AirWatch Browser.
- CMDM-199910 – Added validation for app lookups to prevent multiple installations of single apps in Kiosk Mode for Windows Phone 10 devices.
- CMDM-196378 – Enabled PFX certificates to install on Windows 10 Mobile devices.
- CMDM-199400 – Enhanced enrollment restriction policies for deviced enrolling in AirWatch Container.
- CMDM-199784 – Improved integration of Smart Groups for product provisioning with the Policy Engine when tags are added or removed.
- CMDM-197611 – Enhanced View Device Assignment page to process applied product assignments.
- CMDM-200565 – Released iOS versions 9.3 anf 9.3.1 to AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-200542 – Seeded upcoming iOS devices to AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-199356 – Managed Profile publishing permissions from Global level in the AirWatch Admin Portal.
- CMDM-188603 – Improved Custom batch Attributes import coordination with AirWatch batch processing service on the RDP Server.
- CMDM-200166 – Configured Windows Mobile VPN Profiles to retain routing addresses in profile UI.
- CMDM-200971 – Seeded upcoming iOS versions to AirWatch Admin Console for beta testing.
- CMDM-200250 – Added script to change database values in AirWatch Browser to allow connection to untrusted sites.
- CMDM-201310 – Improved access to Directory Services page on AirWatch Admin Console.
- FBI-176647 – Enhanced data collection for Device Wipe log report in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- FDB-472 – Impremented performance inprovements to Device Details Profile tab in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- GEM-51 – Updated Master App list to improve application inventory sproc performance.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.2._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.2_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.