Release Announcement for AirWatch 8.3.3
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.3.3 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.3.3
Release - 8.3
AirWatch 8.3.x – The patcher cumulatively patches to 8.3.3.
Work Items Addressed
- CMAM-172308 - Updated the integration with the Android For Work system to address importing applications in the Apps & Books section of the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMAM-172505 - Added proxy support to the updated integration with the Google Play Integration service when admins upload public Android apps to the AirWatch Admin Console in on premise environments.
- CMAM-172935 - Updated a sub-procedure in a smart-group-save stored procedure in the AirWatch database to address a violation in an internal-app-assignment table so that admins can save internal apps with new assignments.
- CMAM-172786 - Updated the internal-app-assignment table in the AirWatch database to prevent the smart-group-assignment column from allowing null values, which can corrupt internal app assignments.
- CMCM-185307 - Updated a content-search stored procedure to address the Content > List view page timing out when an AirWatch deployment has a large number of managed files (6,000+).
- CMCM-185385 - Updated the folder sharing functionality in AirWatch to address the system changing roles and making some roles inaccessible when you share a folder with external users in the Self Service Portal (SSP).
- CMDM-198563 - Configured the AirWatch system to not update a schedule-execution table when it performs a time scheduler profile push to prevent incorrect updates to the table.
- CMDM-199130 - Updated the message templates user interface in the AirWatch Admin Console to place the display of lookup values where admins can view the list.
- CMDM-199126 - Removed the option to allow airplane mode from an AirWatch profile for Android to reflect the latest supported options for a specific Android Rugged device.
- CMDM-199436 - Updated the process supporting admins from additional domains to login to the AirWatch Admin Console by enabling trust relationships of binding accounts between domains in multi-domain setups of AirWatch.
- CMDM-200079 - Added support in AirWatch for device root certificates (DRC) at the global organization group level that you can propagate down to a lower customer level organization group.
- CMDM-199910 - Updated the method to validate PFN files when fetching values for profiles for Windows 10 devices in AirWatch so that the method validates values even if the products have the same product ID.
- CMDM-199400 - Updated the enrollment functionality in the AirWatch Admin Console by ensuring records in a device-enrollment-staging table update so that if you enroll a device that was previously blocked with the Container app, the device can enroll successfully with AirWatch.
- CMDM-198296 - Added a process to block the Music App with restrictions for iOS devices in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-198295 - Added a process to block iTunes Radio with restrictions for iOS devices in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-198293 - Added a process to send a shared device payload to supervised iOS devices.
- CMDM-198299 - Added a profile that pushes down a screen layout to iOS devices from the AirWatch Admin Console that orders the home screen with specific folders and web apps.
- CMDM-198294 - Added a profile that pushes notification configurations to iOS devices from the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-200398 - Updated an override ID code to reference the latest AirWatch Launcher to address failed Launcher downloads and the system requiring admins to save the Service Apps page after a fresh installation.
- CMDM-200565 - Added support to the AirWatch database for the latest versions of Apple iOS and Mac OS X.
- CMDM-200542 - Added support to AirWatch for missing iPhone SE versions in certain SaaS environments.
- CMEM-181748 - Reversed the way the system sends key pair values for an allow-accounts-config process from AirWatch to ensure Boxer receives configurations in profiles as configured.
- FBI-176647 - Updated the reporting functionality in AirWatch to address the incomplete generation of data for all applicable devices in the Device Wipe Log report.
- REMOTE-419 - Added the latest AirWatch Agent for Windows Mobile to the AirWatch system.
- SINST-174085 - Addressed the update of GPS log values by the AirWatch database installer.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.3._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.3_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.