Release Announcement for AirWatch 8.1.9
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.1.9 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_8.1.9
Release - 8.1
AirWatch 8.1.x – The patcher cumulatively patches to 8.1.9.
Work Items Addressed
- CMAM-172507 - Updated the installation process for .MSI files in AirWatch to address a 418 error (node already exists) and when an execution command fails on Windows devices so that admins can reinstall .MSI files if needed without error.
- CMAM-172633 - Updated the flexible deployment feature for internal apps in AirWatch by ensuring that the schedule picks up at least one deployment command per application to address the system creating batch sizes with the lowest value, zero, because the logic defaulted to partial values in rare instances, and this stopped the automatic deployment of apps.
- CMAM-172576 - Updated the app scan functionality in AirWatch to address a failed API key.
- CMAM-172935 - Updated a sub-procedure in a smart-group-save stored procedure in the AirWatch database to address a violation in an internal-app-assignment table so that admins can save internal apps with new assignments.
- CMAM-172786 - Updated the internal-app-assignment table in the AirWatch database to prevent the smart-group-assignment column from allowing null values, which can corrupt internal app assignments.
- CMDM-194975 - Added IMEI and SIM values for Windows 8.1 and 10 devices for Fetch and Store cursors in the AirWatch system.
- CMDM-198178 - Updated logos in the Self Service Portal to reflect current branding.
- CMDM-198651 - Updated the provisioning functionality in AirWatch to give read-only admins access to view standalone products and regular products in product sets by changing the view-product requests in the provisioning policy.
- CMDM-195942 - Updated the restrictions functionality for Windows 10 devices in AirWatch to address duplicate calls for restrictions samples when the system syncs with devices.
- CMDM-195640 - Updated the resolve process for Samsung Enterprise ID values for enrollment restrictions in AirWatch when a new device enrolls, so that the AirWatch Admin Console blocks enrollment as configured in the restriction.
- CMDM-198737 - Updated smart group functionality in AirWatch so that the system successfully pushes profiles to newly enrolled devices in environments with large numbers of smart groups (18 thousand).
- CMDM-198854 - Added the latest version of the AirWatch Agent for Win32 to the AirWatch system.
- CMDM-194038 - Updated a link for Security in Device Dashboard > Security > More Info to address a 404 error and to navigate the link to the help page in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-199421 - Updated the EULA in the AirWatch Admin Console to reflect the latest branding standards.
- CMDM-199420 - Added support to the AirWatch system for the latest Apple iOS version and Apple TV OS version.
- CMDM-199423 - Added support to the AirWatch system for the latest iPad Pro form factor and the latest Apple TV form factor.
- CMDM-199492 - Added support to the AirWatch system for the latest Mac OS X version.
- CMDM-199784 - Updated the tag functionality in AirWatch so that you can apply tags and the system processes the tag to assign devices to specific smart groups and the policy engine assigns applicable products and jobs.
- CMDM-197611 - Updated the products functionality in AirWatch to address the system not applying rule filters to view-device-assignments.
- CMDM-200565 - Added support to the AirWatch database for the latest versions of Apple iOS and Mac OS X.
- CMDM-200542 - Added support to AirWatch for iPhone SE versions in certain SaaS environments.
- CMEM-181178 - Updated a logging warning for diagnostics on targeted devices that the Secure Email Gateway ran unnecessarily when the targeted logging function was disabled so that the process runs only for every mail request when disabled.
- CMEM-181076 - Updated the Secure Email Gateway so that it processes attachments with file names that include invalid characters.
- CMEM-181482 - Updated the throttling functionality in the Secure Email Gateway so that the minimum completion port thread value does not exceed the maximum completion port thread value.
- FAPI-177594 - Addressed the performance of updating-device-custom-attribute APIs in AirWatch so that performance does not significantly degrade when you add large numbers of custom attributes (400+) to organization groups with large numbers of enrolled devices (30 thousand).
- FBI-176589 - Updated the Profile Compliance report in AirWatch so that the system populates data and you can view and download the report.
- FCA-178680 - Updated the logos in the AirWatch Admin Console to reflect the latest branding standards.
- FCA-178703 - Updated the key for the Bing Maps API in AirWatch to address a warning message.
- FDB-426 - Updated the performance of the AirWatch scheduler by reducing rows in a job-executions table, preventing key lookups for a scheduler query, and modifying a purge procedure.
- FSEC-182244 - Updated the default outbound TLS protocol version to 1.0 and 1.1 and added the ability to override this in the app.config in AirWatch.
- PPAT-83 - Moved the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) conversion of the NotBefore value to a different layer in AirWatch to address day light savings changes in the gateway sync API response.
- SYSAR-548 - Addressed an error occurring at the MyDevice AWHealth endpoint so that the endpoint responds as developed.
- SYSAR-549 - Addressed an error occurring at the DeviceManagement AWHealth endpoint so that the endpoint responds as developed.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.1._FPXX_Install.exe. and AirWatch_Database_8.1_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.1_FPXX_Install.exe. by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.1_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.