Introducing VMware AirWatch® Agent 6.0 for Android
The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Agent 6.0 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Improved enrollment user interface look and feel by leveraging material design.
- Enhanced Samsung KNOX Standard and Premium management (Requires AirWatch Samsung Service v3.0.1).*
- Added support for device and Per-App VPN for the Pulse Secure and Palo Alto Networks VPN clients.
- Added the ability to hide specific end user prompts in the Enrollment Wizard.
- Implemented Android for Work-Work Profile enhancements:
- Added the ability to manage Smart Lock options on devices running Android Lollipop and above.
- Added the ability to enable system apps inside the Work Profile with a Custom profile.
- Enhanced Android for Work-Work Managed Devices functionality:
- Added support for new Android Marshmallow device restrictions with a Custom profile.
- Implemented how devices manage system updates with a Custom profile.
- Added the ability to enable all or specific system apps inside Work Managed Device with a Custom profile.
- Enhanced Sony management (Requires AirWatch Sony Service v2.0).*
- Implemented LG management enhancements (Requires AirWatch LG Service v2.0).*
- Added a suite of features for Bluebird devices including restriction, APN, sound, and display profiles (Requires AirWatch Bluebird Service v1.0).*
- Added support for the Allow Clipboard restriction on Zebra devices (Requires AirWatch MX v1.9.2).*
- Added new default custom attribute for Agent Version on Zebra devices.
*See separate release notes for details.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- AAGNT-176096: Resolved issue with Advanced Sideload enrollment not working as expected for Rugged Devices.
- AAGNT-176051: Resolved issue with IMAP Email Payloads failing to configure on devices.
- AAGNT-174935: Resolved issue with F5 VPN Client not binding with AirWatch Agent.
- AAGNT-175539: AirWatch Agent no longer crashes when deleting app data after having camera permission enabled.
- AAGNT-174591: AirWatch Agent no longer crashes when applying a Pulse Secure VPN profile.
- AAGNT-174812: AirWatch Agent no longer crashes when enrolling devices with Android for Work; and profiles and apps automatically download as expected after enrollment.
- AAGNT-175750: AirWatch Agent now detects compromised apps in Android for Work.
- AAGNT-176286: Resolved issue with configuring a WPA/WPA2 Wi-Fi profile on Honeywell CT50.
- AAGNT-176436: Resolved issue where unrecoverable error occurs after an OS update on Zebra MC40.
- AAGNT-176190: Resolved an issue where prodouct state would remain “In-Progress” even though it is completed.
- AAGNT-176326: Remote Management no longer fails after barcode or sideload staging enrollment.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent 6.0 for Android.
- Android 4.0+ (Ice Cream Sandwich and above)
- AirWatch Admin Console v8.1+
How to Download AirWatch Agent 6.0 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download it from the Google Play Store.
Support Contact Information
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Account Services & Support or submit a support ticket through myAirWatch.
The AirWatch Team