Software Delivery Notification for AirWatch 8.3.2
SDN # - AW_8.3.02.0
Release - 8.3
AirWatch 8.3.x – The patcher cumulatively patches to 8.3.02.0.
Work Items Addressed
- CMAM-172353—Updated a stored procedure for app management status in AirWatch to include the queued reason as a reason an application is managed by AirWatch.
- CMAM-172576 – Renewed API key for the Vendor Configuration Page of the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMCM-185153—Updated the AirWatch database to address a variable length limitation that hindered uploading up to 8 GB of personal content from the Self Service Portal.
- CMCM-184258—Updated manual templates in the Mobile Content Management section of AirWatch so that device users can delete manual templates in the Self Service Portal (SSP) when the template is added from both the AirWatch Admin Console and the SSP.
- CMCM-184852—Addressed the integration of AirWatch with SharePoint repositories so that when you add SharePoint as an admin repository, the system prompts you to authenticate to the repository and to add it to AirWatch.
- CMDM-198084—Developed terms-of-use (TOU) functionality for Bing Maps to configure TOU display and acceptance in the AirWatch Self Service Portal (SSP) before device users can use Bing Maps functionality in the SSP.
- CMDM-198083—Developed terms-of-use (TOU) functionality for Bing Maps to configure TOU display and acceptance in the AirWatchPro before device users can use Bing Maps functionality in the AWPro.
- CMDM-199092—Addressed the integer overflow that calculates data usage sums in plan lists in AirWatch so that it calculates for larger data types and to help with SQL exceptions displayed when plan lists load.
- CMDM-199091—Developed a way to validate bad data reported from devices to the telecom management area of AirWatch to address SQL exceptions in plan lists with updates to the integer overflow that calculates data usage sums.
- CMDM-198722—Updated smart group functionality in AirWatch so that when you delete assignment groups, the user interface displays the correct settings and displays applicable options like Assign and Delete.
- CMDM-197882—Updated the login process for the AirWatch Self Service Portal (SSP) so that the system redirects users to the login screen if they should enter an incorrect Group ID.
- CMDM-199095—Disabled the force-Bluetooth-on check box by default in restrictions profiles for Android Rugged devices so that admins can decide when to enable the feature.
- CMDM-198036—Added functionality for showing and hiding apps on the device channel in AirWatch profiles in support of a future Apple initiative.
- CMDM-198287—Added functionality for finding lost supervised iOS phones and for putting the supervised phones in a mode to inhibit access in support of a future Apple initiative.
- CMDM-198308—Added functionality to query the location of a supervised iOS device from AirWatch when the device is in a mode that inhibits access in support of a future Apple initiative.
- CMDM-198288—Added functionality to AirWatch to turn off a mode that inhibits access to supervised iOS devices that are lost in support of a future Apple initiative.
- CMDM-199368—Updated the AirWatch universal agent for Windows to address the unenrollment of devices after they download the agent and authenticate to AirWatch using the unified enrollment flow.
- CMDM-198807—Updated the bulk import functionality in AirWatch so that you can bulk import using the Organization Group By IP Range and the Username By IP Range options from a from a .csv file.
- CMDM-198963—Added the latest AirWatch Launcher version to the AirWatch installer in preparation for release.
- CMDM-199461—Added a new channel for push notifications from AirWatch to a future AirWatch universal agent for Windows that will have a different method of delivery to environments.
- CMDM-199466—Created system code in the AirWatch system to support future Apple iOS features.
- CMDM-199421—Added an updated EULA to the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-199952—Updated an AirWatch testing organization group (OG) to address the system not pushing certificates to Windows devices after they enroll to the OG.
- CMDM-200136—Updated the Teacher Tools system by ensuring the AirWatch server checks all available organization group (OG) lists so that when you make a change at a parent OG, child OGs inherit (if configured) the change made at the parent OG.
- CMDM-200177—Updated the support for a future iOS release in AirWatch by addressing the system throwing an error from memcache when you try to add a profile.
- CMDM-199420—Added code to AirWatch in support of the latest iOS release and the latest generation of Apple TV operating system.
- CMDM-199492—Added code to AirWatch in support of the latest Mac OS X release.
- CMDM-199423—Added code to AirWatch in support of the latest form factor for iPad Pro and the latest generation of Apple TV.
- CMEM-181494—Addressed an error occurring while updating the local repository after the AirWatch email notification service syncs with Microsoft communication systems.
- CMEM-181578—Addressed the AirWatch email notification service not re-queueing the subscription logic after errors in retrieving events.
- CMEM-181676—Updated the Secure Email Gateway (SEG), versions earlier than 8.1.7, so that after upgrading your AirWatch version, you can send attachments using encryption and the system does not display an error that Mobile Email Management blocked the attachment.
- FAPI-178207—Updated an AirWatch API get response method that retrieves a list with details of compliant devices in the AirWatch system.
- FAPI-178178—Updated the AirWatch REST API help page for application lifecycle management to ensure the information provided reflects the correct endpoints.
- FAPI-178202—Updated the AirWatch delete-organization-group API so that when you run it in any AirWatch Console version, the API status codes for every console version are the same.
- FAPI-178238—Addressed an AirWatch remote control REST API throwing the wrong error codes that it returns 200 instead of 201.
- FAPI-178268—Updated the AirWatch API for register-device-search so that when used, it returns data in a format consistent to previous register-device-search versions.
- FAPI-178296—Updated the Teach application to address the inability to upload content by changing a root prefix in a tag in an API POST method.
- FAPI-178297—Updated the AirWatch REST API to login to the Teach application by registering it with Directory Authorization.
- FCA-178322 - Bing Maps invalid credentials
- ITEACH-175922—Addressed an AirWatch REST API for adding content to the Teach application that displays the wrong error code so that it returns code 200 instead of 201.
- ITEACH-175921—Updated the delete-upload-content API for the Teach application to change it from a delete method to a GET method.
- FBI-176728—Updated the Application Deployment Status report in the AirWatch Admin Console so that it lists only applications managed by AirWatch and not system applications or applications not managed by AirWatch.
- FCA-178703—Seeded an API key for Bing Maps to the AirWatch system code table.
- ITEACH-175918—Addressed a student's inability to download content from the Teach application by updating the async logic for a blob stream and ensuring the server has the content the student needs to download.
- PPAT-83—Moved where the AirWatch system converts UTC of the NotBefore method to reduce the number of API calls the AirWatch Tunnel makes to the API server.
- SYSAR-548—Addressed an object reference error for MyDevice in the AWHealth endpoint by updating the URL.
- SYSAR-549—Addressed an object reference error for DeviceManagement in the AWHealth endpoint by updating the URL.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.3._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.3_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.