Software Delivery Notification for AirWatch 8.2.5
SDN # - AW_8.2.05.0
Release - 8.2
AirWatch 8.2.x – The patcher cumulatively patches to 8.2.05.0.
Work Items Addressed
- CMAM-172417—Addressed the inability to upload and save internal applications to the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMAM-172353—Updated a stored procedure for app management status in AirWatch to include the queued reason as a reason an application is managed by AirWatch.
CMAM-172576 – Renewed API key for the Vendor Configuration Page of the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMCM-184352—Updated admin repositories in the AirWatch mobile content management area so that when you disable the force encryption option when using Google Drive or Box, the system does not encrypt files by syncing encrypt flags at the application level and at the repository level in the system.
- CMDM-195710—Addressed the Telecom page in the AirWatch Admin Console so that the system displays the UI when you set the language to Spanish.
- CMDM-198084—Developed terms-of-use (TOU) functionality for Bing Maps to configure TOU display and acceptance in the AirWatch Self Service Portal (SSP) before device users can use Bing Maps functionality in the SSP.
- CMDM-198083—Developed terms-of-use (TOU) functionality for Bing Maps to configure TOU display and acceptance in the AirWatchPro before device users can use Bing Maps functionality in the AWPro.
- CMDM-196994—Updated the AirWatch software development kit (SDK) functionality so that the system sends Self Service Portal (SSO) updates to Android sample applications and to third party applications built using the AirWatch SDK for iOS when you configure SSO updates in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-197685—Updated the user management functionality in AirWatch so that when your environment has a subdomain with less characters than the base domain, users in the base domain can log in to Content Locker, the AirWatch Browser, and the AirWatch Agent without error after their initial session ends.
- CMDM-198958—Updated the AirWatch REST API that deletes devices in bulk so that it also sends break MDM command that removes the MDM profile and other AirWatch profiles and apps off of devices.
- CMDM-195640—Addressed Android device enrollment functionality in AirWatch so that when you block the enrollment of a Samsung enterprise device version using a restriction policy, the system blocks that device version from enrolling by configuring the system to resolve the device version as an enterprise ID.
- CMDM-198604—Updated the AirWatch API that adds directory users to ensure that it syncs configured user custom attributes.
- CMDM-199092—Addressed the integer overflow that calculates data usage sums in plan lists in AirWatch so that it calculates for larger data types and to help with SQL exceptions displayed when plan lists load.
- CMDM-199091—Developed a way to validate bad data reported from devices to the telecom management area of AirWatch to address SQL exceptions in plan lists with updates to the integer overflow that calculates data usage sums.
- CMDM-198737—Updated profiles and smart group functionality in AirWatch to address the system not assigning large numbers of profiles (18K +) to newly enrolled devices by changing the execution time of a stored procedure.
- CMDM-197882—Updated the login process for the AirWatch Self Service Portal (SSP) so that the system redirects users to the login screen if they should enter an incorrect Group ID.
- CMDM-197864—Updated the device details functionality in the AirWatch Admin Console so that the value of an enrollment user ID never matches the value of an admin core user ID and this removes the system confusing the admin commands set in the Device Details tab in the Console with the commands sent from a user in the Self Service Portal (SSP).
- CMDM-198854—Added code to AirWatch to support the latest AirWatch Agent for Win32.
- CMDM-199368—Updated the AirWatch universal agent for Windows to address the unenrollment of devices after they download the agent and authenticate to AirWatch using the unified enrollment flow.
- CMDM-199461—Added a new channel for push notifications from AirWatch to a future AirWatch universal agent for Windows that will have a different method of delivery to environments.
- CMDM-199421—Updated the AirWatch EULA to reflect the current year.
- CMDM-199420—Added code to AirWatch in support of the latest iOS release and the latest generation of Apple TV operating system.
- CMDM-199492—Added code to AirWatch in support of the latest Mac OS X release.
- CMDM-199423—Added code to AirWatch in support of the latest form factor for iPad Pro and the latest generation of Apple TV.
- CMDM-200364—Updated a navigation table in the AirWatch database to address errors displayed by the system when you add an admin user from a child organization group.
- CMEM-181305—Addressed an event (403, Forbidden) occurring in the email notification service of the AirWatch Mobile Email Management system.
- CMEM-181508—Updated the email notification service to address an error in the AirWatch Mobile Email Management system so that the auto-discover function does not get the same response for all mailboxes.
- CMEM-181550—Updated the integration of AirWatch Mobile Email Management and Inbox for iOS to address hyperlink transforms taking more than one minute, which causes a timeout issue, by giving the Secure Email Gateway (SEG) the ability to prevent hyperlink transforms for Inbox when needed.
- CMEM-181494—Updated the email notification service in the AirWatch Mobile Email Management system to address errors after every Delta Sync and after every complete sync.
- CMEM-181411—Updated the email notification service in the AirWatch Mobile Email Management system to address the system stopping the logging for Delta Syncs and complete syncs when you delete a device for a user with multiple devices.
- CMEM-181578—Addressed the AirWatch email notification service not re-queueing the subscription logic after errors in retrieving events.
- CMEM-181135—Updated the email notification service in the AirWatch Mobile Email Management system by setting up handling for streaming notifications to address the system throwing an exception when multiple users are subscribed for notifications.
- FBI-176728—Updated the Application Deployment Status report in the AirWatch Admin Console so that it lists only applications managed by AirWatch and not system applications or applications not managed by AirWatch.
- FCA-178703—Seeded an API key for Bing Maps to the AirWatch system code table.
- FDB-426—Updated the performance of a job-executions procedure in the AirWatch Database to address handling excess network traffic.
- PPAT-83—Moved where the AirWatch system converts UTC of the NotBefore method to reduce the number of API calls the AirWatch Tunnel makes to the API server.
- SYSAR-548—Addressed an object reference error for MyDevice in the AWHealth endpoint by updating the URL.
- SYSAR-549—Addressed an object reference error for DeviceManagement in the AWHealth endpoint by updating the URL.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.2._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.2_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.