Release Announcement for AirWatch 8.3 Feature Pack 01
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.3 FP01 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
AirWatch 8.3.x – The patcher cumulatively patches to 8.3 FP01.
Note: a patch has been created to resolve these issues on 8.3 FP01 and is available on myAirWatch.
- FAPI-178296 - In AirWatch 8.3, teachers are unable to upload content through the Teach application
- FAPI-178297 - In AirWatch 8.3, a teacher is unable to log into the Teach application using a directory administrator account
- FAPI-178298 - In AirWatch 8.3, Teacher Tools app is not locked when an Attention Lock is performed
Work Items Addressed
- CMAM-172444 - Updated Google Play Integration service to enhance Google web and Play Store searches.
- CMAM-172674 - Enhanced XAP download handler to check if app is still assigned to the device as it streams the application.
- CMAM-172295 - Enhanced Installer package deployment options to include .msi supprt.
- CMAM-172824 - Updated the appx file page file number for database upgrade.
- CMCM-184885 - Modified ValidateUser API with feature-enabled flags for battery status and clock management.
- CMCM-184928 - Provided scripts for Mime file types xdw, xdb, and xct.
- CMCM-185045 - Modified NFS manual repository to show folders and content when a new template is added.
- CMDM-198178 - Updated AirWatch logos on AirWatch Self-Service Portal pages.
- CMDM-196663 - Removed Cell Tower database tables and associated references from collected data.
- CMDM-198497 - Modified commands for Android devices to stop queuing commands to devices no longer assigned to a Profile.
- CMDM-198706 - Added API to generate barcode PDF based on parameters set by admins.
- CMDM-198578 - Changed the Delete Printer Response Code for Zebra Only to '200 OK.'
- CMDM-199135 - Enhanced removal of Windows 10 Desktop restriction profiles from AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-199159 - Enhanced Max OS X Login Window and Proxy profiles to be editable after upgrade to AirWatch 8.3.
- CMDM-198915 - Improved test connections to the Relay Server in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-198737 - Improved profile deployment to newly enrolled devices for deployments with large numbers of profiles.
- CMDM-199338 - Modified server memory usage for Content Pull App.
- CMDM-197725 - Updated the Web Enrollment screens with VMWare AirWatch branding.
- CMDM-199447 - Enhanced process for Batch Importing Users without a group ID for multiple organization group to prevent users being added to an incorrect organization group.
- CMDM-199364 - Added logging for errors and events when bad search filters are used for user search.
- CMDM-199574 - Improved Admin login to AirWatch Admin Portal.
- CMDM-199606 - Removed migration script to enhance upgrade process.
- CMDM-199822 - Enhanced Single Sign-On portal logos file extension.
- CMEM-181538 - Improved the connecction between older versions of the SEG with newer versions of the Airwatch Console.
- CMEM-181550 - Removed hyperlink transformation for AirWatch Inbox mail requests in the Secure Email Gateway.
- CMEM-181566 - Backported Boxer integration to AirWatch 8.3.01
- CMEM-181604 - Removed hyperlink transformation for Boxer mail requests in the Secure Email Gateway.
- FAPI-178159 - Added authorization validation for Device endpoints to match endpoints in AirWatch 8.2.
- FAPI-178281 - Improved Cisco ISE integration with AirWatch 8.3.
- FAPI-178276 - Enhanced URL Rewrite Rule for existing /api/v1/ URLs.
- FCA-178680 - Updated VMWare branding and logos in AirWatch Admin Console.
- FDB-419 - Improved Sproc perfromance for VPP apps.
- SINST-174073 - Updated IIS URL rewrite for installation procedure of AirWatch 8.3.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.3._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.3_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.3_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.