Release Announcement for AirWatch 8.2 Feature Pack 04
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch 8.2 FP04 is now publicly available.
Software Delivery Notes
SDN # - AW_8.2.04.0
Release - 8.2
AirWatch 8.2.x – The patcher cumulatively patches to 8.2 FP04.
Work Items Addressed
- CMAM-172526 - Added management to use device alerts to update manages applists and trigger applist queries.
- CMAM-172507 - Enhanced admin ability to reinstall MSI apps on a device in case of installation failures.
- CMAM-172575 - Revised App Install status to be updated based on inventory node.
- CMAM-172615 - Enhanced Windows app installation when download headers have multiple ranges.
- CMAM-172633 - Enhanced application installation when the number of applications to be installed is greater than the batch size maximum.
- CMAM-172520 - Added logic to query device only for non-store app list rather than querying for managed and un-managed apps.
- CMCM-184885 - Modified ValidateUser API with feature-enabled flags for battery status and clock management.
- CMCM-185001 - Enhanced AirWatch Secure Content Locker to index and sync content across deployment platforms.
- CMCM-185045 - Modified NFS manual repository to show folders and content when a new template is added.
- CMDM-197145 - Added logging for event data filled in from configured event attributes.
- CMDM-196436 - Enhanced data usage compliance policy monitoring and alerts.
- CMDM-195595 - Improved ScheduledSampleDateTime field updates when using standard staging.
- CMDM-195806 - Localized "Advanced" label on Directory Services page.
- CMDM-197705 - Resolved errors thrown in bulk processing logs and scheduler logs for 'Add missing user' and 'Sync' actions for a User Group on the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-197473 - Modified HMAC token behavior when an app is re-installed, or a new one-time token is generated.
- CMDM-198178 - Updated AirWatch logos on AirWatch Self-Service Portal pages.
- CMDM-194723 - Enhanced Windows 8.1 configuration to deploy certificates from trusted root store.
- CMDM-194686 - Enhanced Custom Attributes batch import process for multiple group types with dynamic values.
- CMDM-186188 - Modified OEM device table data gathering during enrollment into AirWatch Agent.
- CMDM-197496 - Improved Secure Launcher profile manageability in child Organization Groups.
- CMDM-198227 - Modified staging profile credential validation based on Organization Group during barcode or sideload staging.
- CMDM-198108 - Enhanced Wondows Pull Relay server to prevent locked files.
- CMDM-198651 - Added resources to view pages and contents of Product List View, Files/Actions, Conditions and Product sets in a Read-Only role.
- CMDM-196961 - Removed User filter from the Enrollment status page.
- CMDM-195942 - Managed Windows restriction sample calling to avoid unnecessary repetition.
- CMDM-196198 - Removed Edit button from Launcher profile after the Save button has been selected.
- CMDM-198650 - Enhanced the device login window and proxies profile window to be edited once a device is migrated to AirWatch 8.3.
- CMDM-197758 - Modified private key certificate upload default value to allow SCL applications to be trusted.
- CMDM-197482 - Enhanced Quick Add process for Smart Groups and User Groups on Assignment Group List View page of AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-195768 - Implemented fix for missing port number XML in advanced VPN settings.
- CMDM-198309 - Re-allocated memory distribution to improve performance for the Change Event service.
- CMDM-197951 - Updated system code seed values to have the SDK Profile V2 set as default.
- CMDM-198578 - Changed the Delete Printer Response Code for Zebra Only to '200 OK.'
- CMDM-198873 - Resolved queue issues for SCEP certificate after Windows Phone 10 OS upgrade.
- CMDM-199338 - Modified server memory usage for Content Pull App.
- CMDM-199447 - Improved Batch Import required fields to allow import of users without Group IDs.
- CMEM-181309 - Removed App Installation check from Email Notification Server SP1.
- CMEM-181431 - Improved Synchronizing Changes process to improve Email Notification Services functionality.
- CMEM-181178 - Improved Secure Email Gateway performance by streamlining operations.
- CMEM-181482 - Added logic to ensure completion port thread value never exceeds the maximum or minumum.
- CONSVR-214 - Reverted Remote File Server user changes in Linux installer.
- CONSVR-296 - Improved Content Gateway file reading for specific file attributes.
- FBI-176589 - Enhanced Profile Compliance report to populate data in the report
- FCA-178680 - Updated VMWare branding and logos in AirWatch Admin Console.
- FSEC-182244 - Modified default outbound TLS protocol to 1.0 and 1.1, and added ability to override in app.config.
- FSEC-182298 - Improved HMAC error logging.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.2._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.2_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.