Introducing VMware AirWatch Agent 5.1 for iOS
The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that the AirWatch Agent 5.1 for iOS is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Support of iBeacon: supporting iBeacon parameters and detecting devices within the iBeacon region
- Shared Device Passcode: set a passcode for shared devices to use as a PIN instead of AD credentials
- Location updates received in background mode for Geofencing support with iOS 9
- Battery consumption enhancements
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- IAGNT-168596 - SSO boot time is not consistent; SSO sessions are not synced in all applications
- IAGNT-168681 - Agent on iPhone 6s shows Model Identifier instead of Model Name
- IAGNT-168602 - iOS Agent 5.0.1 crashing on iOS 8
- IAGNT-168750 - Agent shows device as unenrolled when left running in the background
- IAGNT-168762 - iOS Remote View not working with iOS 8
- IAGNT-168703 - Agent 5.0.2 intermittently stuck on the loading screen on iOS 9 devices
- IAGNT-168810 - App branding settings not working for iOS Agent 5.0.3
- IAGNT-168386 - Agent is crashing during single user/multi user staging enrollment in 64-bit devices
- IAGNT-168564 - Agent crash observed when enrolling with Single Factor Token and with multiple staging modes enabled
- IAGNT-168430 - Agent crashes with single factor token enabled and advanced staging
Managed applications deployed from the AirWatch Admin Console fail to install on devices running iOS 9.2 . This issue was logged with Apple and is resolved with iOS 9.2.1. Please ensure all devices running iOS 9.2 are upgraded to iOS 9.2.1 to avoid this issue.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent 5.1 for iOS.
- iOS 6 and higher
- AirWatch Console 8.0 and higher
How to Download AirWatch Agent 5.1 for iOS
- Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download it from the App Store.
Support Contact Information
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Account Services & Support or submit a support ticket through myAirWatch.
The AirWatch Team