Introducing VMware AirWatch® MDM Agent 5.6 for Windows Rugged
The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch MDM Agent 5.6 for Windows Rugged is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Added Launcher support of fixed OG when in shared device mode to restrict users to a single organization group. This means end users only have to enter their username and password when checking out a device.
- Added support for GPRS profiles on Windows Mobile devices so you can configure your GPRS settings for cellular data usage.
- Added support for retrieving and reporting serial numbers for Pideon Bluebird devices.
- Added new options for delayed application execution in App Launcher. The new options allow you more control on when the Launcher opens on the device.
- Updated agent to display group ID and environment details.
- Updated Launcher to display group ID and agent version.
- Added cold boot persistence support for Pideon Bluebird devices.
- Updated group ID information in registry of Windows Rugged devices whenever OG assignment is changed.
- Added Console/API support for Query All command for Windows Rugged devices.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- Fixed issue where the agent did not correctly persist RM files after an agent upgrade (WMAGNT-1235).
- An updated Custom Attribute value reverts to an old value after reboot (WMAGNT-1211).
- Fixed issue where the WiFi profile was not applying successfully on Symbol MC92N0G device (WMAGNT-1204).
- Fixed issue where admins were unable to check out Windows CE device using shared device mode after cold boot (WMAGNT-1197).
- Fixed issue where the Passcode setting is removed from a device after an agent upgrade is performed through the console (WMAGNT-1179).
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch AirWAtch MDM Agent v5.6 for Windows Rugged.
- Windows Mobile 5.0 and higher or Windows CE 5 and higher.
- AirWatch 8.3 and higher (to use any console dependent feature changes).
How to Download AirWatch AirWAtch MDM Agent v5.6 for Windows Rugged
- Prior Version is Installed – If you have a prior version of the AirWatch Agent installed on your device, you will need to perform the Windows Migration workflow to upgrade your existing agent (please reference the VMware AirWatch Windows Rugged Platform Guide for specific instructions on performing this if needed).
- Prior Version is Not Installed – If you do not have a prior version of AirWatch Agent installed on your device, you can access it the following ways:
- SaaS customers: Through the AirWatch Console via web based enrollment, a side load cab file from the console, or using the Staging methods (Sideload Staging, Barcode Enrollment – Motorola devices only, On-Demand) located under the product provisioning section. See the users guide for further details.
- On Premise Customers: Download it from the Ask Resource Portal.
Support Contact Information
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Account Services & Support or submit a support ticket through myAirWatch.
The AirWatch Team