The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Windows Agent 7.2.0 for Windows 7 and Windows Desktop is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Added support for the Remote Management Service for Windows Desktop and Windows 7 devices. Administrators can now remotely manage their Windows Desktop and Windows 7 devices through multiple functions including:
- File manager between the end user device and the administrator’s device.
- Remotely view and control the end user's screen.
- Control what tasks and applications are running on the device.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- Power condition now installs correctly on Win10 devices (WPCAGNT-183742).
- Silent install of .exe files for Windows 7 PC works as intended (WPCAGNT-183745).
- Fixed issue with Korean language layout where line brake '\n' is displaying when it shouldn't (WPCAGNT-183747).
- Fixed issue where multiple bit locker encryption pop ups are shown on the device after the device restart (WPCAGNT-183750).
- Bitlocker PIN now correctly configured in group policy with MDM enrolled device (WPCAGNT-183751).
- Windows 7 Devices now run BitLocker Prep command before Installing Encryption profile (WPCAGNT-183768).
- Fixed issue where encryption did not implement for Agent enrolled devices when external drive were attached to the device (WPCAGNT-183769).
- Renamed Win32 Agent in the start menu to simply 'AirWatch' (WPCAGNT-183784).
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Windows Agent 7.2.0 for Windows 7 and Windows Desktop.
- Windows 7 Operating System
- AirWatch Admin Console 8.0 or higher for user enrollment via www.awagent.com.
- AirWatch Admin Console 8.1.2 or higher for MDM enrollment as Protection Agent via Workplace (Windows 8.1) & Work Access (Windows 10)
How to Download AirWatch Windows Agent 7.2.0 for Windows 7 and Windows Desktop
Once released, download the AirWatch Windows Agent Installer v7.2.0 from www.awagent.com or from the Resource Portal under AirWatch Software ► Device Agents.
- After upgrading your AirWatch environment to 8.3, previously enrolled devices will be automatically upgraded.
- Download as part of initial enrollment from www.awagent.com. Once downloaded, double-click file to run the installer and follow the prompts to complete the install, enrollment or upgrade process.
Support Contact Information
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Account Services & Support or submit a support ticket through myAirWatch.
The AirWatch Team