Introducing VMware Workspace ONE v1.1 for iOS
The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Workspace ONE 1.1 for iOS is publicly available.
What’s new in this app version
- Push the Workspace ONE app to managed devices, and configure apps using App Configuration for Enterprise (ACE) values to pre-populate the server URL and enable Single Sign On.
- Unified Catalog
- View all entitled corporate apps from AirWatch and VMware Identity Manager through a single catalog, in Workspace ONE.
- Add Web applications to the Launcher.
- Request installs for native mobile apps.
- Launch Web apps that are configured with Single Sign On for the best user experience.
- End users can favorite apps in the Launcher for easy access.
- Group applications into Categories so end users can easily discover apps.
- End users can search through apps in the Catalog and the Launcher.
- Apps cannot be installed from the apps Detail box in the Catalog. In the app details, clicking the Add button does not add the app to the Launcher.
- Workaround: Add the app from the Catalog.
- When users view apps from the Favorites category, clicking Back does not return them to Favorites. If you filter apps by categories and then check an app's detail description, pressing the Back button does not take you to the filtered app view.
- Workaround: None. When this happens, to return to the Favorites view, select Favorites from the Show drop-down.
- Invite to install VPP apps is not received on the device when user tries to install VPP app from Workspace ONE. If the user has not accepted the VPP invite, the VPP invite is not received in Workspace ONE.
- Workaround: If a VPP app is pushed for automatic deployment, the user will receive the invite from AirWatch. If the user has already accepted VPP invite, the user can install VPP apps from Workspace ONE.
- Sign in domain is not remembered when Remember this setting is checked on the sign in page. When users select a domain and checks "Remember This Setting" when they sign in, the setting is not remembered after signing out and signing back in.
- Workaround: No workaround. Users must select the domain before signing in.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Workspace ONE v1.1 for iOS.
- iOS 8+
- AirWatch Console 8.2 FP2 or higher
- VMware Identity Manager
How to Download AirWatch Workspace ONE v1.1 for iOS
- Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The app seamlessly updates over the existing app version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download it from the App Store.
For additional setup information, please refer to the Workspace ONE documentation here.
Support contact information
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Account Services & Support or submit a support ticket through myAirWatch.