Release Announcement for AirWatch v8.2 Feature Pack 03
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch v8.2 FP03 is now publicly available.
Software Delivery Notes
SDN # - AW_8.2.03.0
Release - 8.2
AirWatch 8.2.x – The patcher cumulatively patches to 8.2 FP03.
Work Items Addressed
- CMAM-172157 - Updated the support for Apple iOS provisioning profiles in AirWatch so that you can renew a provisioning profile when installing applications on devices and the system pushes the updated provisioning profile devices.
- CMAM-172479 - Updated the batch size value (100 commands) and releasing interval (two minutes) for the flexible deployment feature in the internal apps section of AirWatch to address throughput issues occurring for deployments with large numbers of devices.
- CMCM-183133 - Updated the Content Locker localization so that you can localize all values supporting Windows Sync into any supported language.
- CMCM-183183 - Updated the Content Locker localization so that you can localize all values supporting Mac Sync into any supported language.
- CMDM-188057 - Added support for the Android for Work system by uploading domains, EMM tokens, Google Service account email addresses, admin email addresses, and service account certificates and then registering the EMM token with Google so AirWatch and Google systems bind using the "Enroll ()" API and by passing the EMM token.
- CMDM-191239 - Updated the product sets functionality in AirWatch so that when you edit a product in a product set, the policy engine creates the edited product and pushes the edited file actions to devices.
- CMDM-193698 - Added support to offload key pair generations and signing to AirWatch Cloud Connector (ACC) for REA implementation so SaaS environments can maintain certificates independently rather than asking operations to install enrollment agent certificates on all directory services servers for every certificate signing at the time of key pair generation.
- CMDM-193802 - Updated the VPN type for Samsung KNOX devices in AirWatch profiles in support of the replacement app for Juniper Pulse.
- CMDM-194112 - Updated the enrollment functionality in AirWatch so that you can unenroll a device and re-enroll it, and the re-enrolled device takes the ownership from the previous registration record and does not enroll as corporate dedicated by default.
- CMDM-194578 - Updated the bulk enrollment functionality for Windows 10 devices in AirWatch to address they system not reassigning the HMAC to the device user, which caused the protection agent to loop in a pending state.
- CMDM-194973 - Updated support for Windows 10 in AirWatch to address Windows Pro devices that were unable to access the AirWatch database and were reporting null HMAC values so that these devices moved beyond the pending-agent-status and could complete enrollment.
- CMDM-195209 - Updated the user sync for the directory services and user accounts functionalities in AirWatch to address the system logging a cipher-text-is-empty error in bulk processing, scheduler, and Web console logs after a user-group sync, which helps directory services performance.
- CMDM-195360 - Updated the enrollment wizard for Android devices in AirWatch so that when you configure all screens to show post-enrollment, enrolling devices see all screens post their enrollment.
- CMDM-195382 - Updated the smart groups functionality in AirWatch so that you can a smart group whose name has 50+ characters and the system saves the group without error.
- CMDM-195929 - Verified that AirWatch passed SOCKS proxy authentication methods to the proxy server when configured to in AirWatch on the Installation Proxy page.
- CMDM-195953 - Updated the organization group (OG) feature in AirWatch by addressing the caching of the device's OG when the system resolves lookup values for the Agent Settings profile, so that when you change the OG of an Android device, the AirWatch Agent for Android pushes the new setting to the device.
- CMDM-195972 - Updated the batch import functionality in AirWatch so that you can add basic users and add the user principal name field to the import, and the import completes with the user principal name added to the account.
- CMDM-196031 - Added an API to show when you create jobs that add or remove products in the products section of AirWatch.
- CMDM-196405 - Updated support for multi-domain setups in AirWatch so that the system does not authenticate directory users against the domain with the largest domain name but authenticates users with the domain in which their devices are enrolled.
- CMDM-196940 - Updated support for rugged Android devices and Zebra mobile computers in AirWatch to address a partial enrollment occurring during staging packages using Zebra TC75 and TC70 models.
- CMDM-196948 - Updated the enterprise-wipe and delete device functionalities for Mac OS X devices in AirWatch so that when you configure and send these commands from the AirWatch Admin Console, the system does not prompt the user for admin credentials on the device in order to complete the commands.
- CMDM-196991 - Re-implemented the device model filter on the Device List View page in the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-197273 - Updated the support for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Phone 10 devices in AirWatch so that the system pushes commands and profiles to devices after the initial enrollment and does not require a forced sync through the DM feature.
- CMDM-197539 - Added an iPad Pro model to the AirWatch system in support of the latest iPad Pro release so an iPad Pro release displays correctly in the Console.
- CMDM-197595 - Updated support for the latest Apple iOS version in AirWatch so that you can set the "Require Agent Enrollment for iOS" option and iOS devices can enroll with the system and access the AirWatch Agent.
- CMDM-197652 - Added database IDs to the AirWatch database in support of the Mac OS X version.
- CMDM-197731 - Added the latest AirWatch Agent for Windows to the AirWatch system.
- CMDM-197749 - Updated integration with directory services in AirWatch so that the system provides the expected HTTP request to the one time password (OTP) server, which enables you to authenticate to the AirWatch Admin Console.
- CMDM-198053 - Updated the single-app mode profile functionality in AirWatch so that when you disable the single-app mode profile at a specific organization group for one shared device, the system removes the profile from devices located at that organization group and not from higher organization groups.
- CMDM-198055 - Updated the multi-tenancy functionality in AirWatch so that admins can process bulk queries of 100+ devices simultaneously and the system attributes commands to the applicable admin in the log queue.
- CMDM-198401 - Updated the events in the syslog feature of AirWatch to ensure event log data displays in its respective SaaS environments.
- CMEM-180704 - Updated the Secure Email Gateway so that after upgrading the version, you can successfully test the connection by addressing a host-name-not-found error.
- CMEM-181375 - Updated the sync functionality for email in AirWatch so that multiple devices can sync simultaneously and the system handles multiple regular expression parsing for MIME.
- CONSVR-113 - Reordered encoders to bring SHIFT JIS and GBK higher than EUC encoders to address rendering issues of files in AirWatch content rendering engine (CRE).
- FCA-178523 - Addressed the "Jump to Error" links that enable you to navigate to errors in your AirWatch Admin Console due to formatting issues.
- FCA-178654 - Updated the Device List View page in the AirWatch Admin Console so that the system does not append admin PINs to subject lines of emails the admin sends in bulk from the Device List View page.
- FCA-178699 - Updated the AirWatch Admin Console navigation when viewed in Internet Explorer (IE) 11 to address the Console defaulting to the IE 7 when opened in IE 11.
- FDB-419 - Addressed the memory usage of the interrogator-queue-service stored procedure on directory services servers in the AirWatch system to ensure the procedure accounts for device-based processes in support of Apple’s Volume Purchase Program (VPP) and does not use excessive server memory.
- GEM-47 - Updated the Global Environment Manager (GEM) console-language-stored-procedure in the AirWatch database to address data size.
- SACC-91 - Updated the AirWatch Cloud Connector client to include in an idle message that follows a long-query in the AirWatch Cloud Messenger, the origin application ID and destination authentication details.
- SINST-174056 - Updated the AirWatch application installer so that after it installs Visual C++ 2013 (X86 and X64), the server does not prompt to reboot.
- SYSAR-488 - Updated the diagnostics functionality in AirWatch so that the AirWatch Cloud Messenger diagnostic service runs on interface servers that are set to the Japanese language.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_8.2._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_8.2_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_8.2_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.