Introducing VMware AirWatch® Remote Management Service v2.1 for Android
The AirWatch® team is excited to announce that Remote Management Service v2.1 for Android is now publicly available on the Resource Portal.
What’s New in this App Version
- This initial release supports Samsung, Zebra, Honeywell, Kyocera, and Panasonic devices.
- Remote Management v2.1 uses Websockets which support full duplex relay for frame transfer over HTTP/HTTPS.
- Works over standard ports for HTTP/HTTPS.
- Features supported:
- Device Info – Displays the information about the device from the remote management applet instead of returning to the Dashboard.
- Connection – Shows the connection settings used to communicate with the device.
- Retry – Attempts to make a connection with the device again.
- Screen Share – Displays the device's screen so you can remotely view and control the device screen as well as receive any actions performed by the device user.
- File Manager – Displays the device file system so you can remotely manage by viewing, creating, copying, moving, and deleting files and directories. system on the device and the remote control admin's machine.
- Process Manager – Displays a list of the processes currently running on the device.
- Command Prompt – Displays the DOS-like command prompt.
- Configuration (Applet Display and Log Settings) – Allows you to configure and save the settings for the remote management applet as well as the log.
- About – Displays the version information about the remote management applet in use.
- Remote Management security enhancements including session authentication and device authentication.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- Orientation is now correct and initiating commands in the console applet now action correctly on Panasonic devices (REMOTE 230).
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading Remote Management Service v2.1 for Android.
- AirWatch Android 5.3 agent.
- 5.3 agent requires Android version 4.0 and above.
- Remote Management Services (RMS) server 2.0 configured and installed in respective environment.
- For SaaS customers, this will be managed by the AirWatch SaaS Ops team (requires AirWatch v8.2)
- For on premise customers, the AirWatch Deployments team will handle the setup (requires AirWatch v8.1FP04 and above).
- Java enabled/supported browser.
- RMS .apk must be uploaded into the console and deployed to devices as a managed application.
How to Download Remote Management Service v2.1 for Android
- The RMS apks are available exclusively through AirWatch Resources for download.
- Prior Version is Installed – If you are upgrading from Remote Management Service (RMS) 1.0 to 2.1, the package id’s are different so this would be the same as a new install. This requires the old RMS apk to be uninstalled from the device and then download and install the new RMS 2.1 version.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – If you do not have a prior version the RMS apk installed on your device, all you need to do is access it from the Resource Portal and upload it to the console as a managed app and then push it down to your device and install it.
Support Contact Information
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Account Services & Support or submit a support ticket through myAirWatch.
The AirWatch Team